Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opossum on my fence...hanging out..

Hey all -

So it's a slow day on the LaS homestead, so I took my older daughter to get some coffee with me (don't get excited, she's not even 2. Just a nice partner to have in the truck). Anyway, when I got home we noticed an opossum hanging out on the back fence (I put a pic in the January Photo Contest thread). No noises, definitely alive, no big deal. I didn't think much of it. Showed it to the little one and the wife. But, now it's been about 45 mins and the thing hasn't moved except for it's head. I'm wondering if there's something wrong or if I'm just unfamiliar with their tendencies?

Thoughts?

-LaS.

#playingpossum...

Comment

It's waiting for you to come scratch its ears.

Comment

That’s probably a real Mexican Chihuahua and he’s lost. I’d put a harness on him and take him inside the house.

Comment

SITREP - attempted to scratch and harness the opossum. Brought inside to warm him up. All females inside currently screaming. Opossum displaced under master bed. May have to use fire..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            #playingpossum...
            My first thought
            They do more good than their hideous look present.

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
              SITREP - attempted to scratch and harness the opossum. Brought inside to warm him up. All females inside currently screaming. Opossum displaced under master bed. May have to use fire..
              I’d let you borrow one of my Labs if you were closer, the 11 month old female would definitely do the trick. Downside is your house would never be the same when she’s done because i’m pretty sure she’s part tornado.

Comment

Me and my boys walked up on one yesterday, he was about 3ft up a small tree about 15ft from our trail and just sat there looking at us. My boys even got a little closer and it never moved.

Comment

Maybe it’s waiting on a bullet. Send it!!

Comment

Waiting on target practice to start? I really have no idea what's wrong except you have a big rat on your fence.

Comment

sounds normal to me! Hard to believe a sloth moves less........lol!
                      My beagle hates them!

Comment

If you're in Texas - that would be Possum, not Opposum!

Comment

Originally posted by LiftAndShoot View Post
                          There was a flame thrower in the classifieds

Comment

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
                            If you're in Texas - that would be Possum, not Opposum!
                            And if you was in East Texas you’d put “Pie” after possum.

Just sayin...

Regards,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Twist View Post
                              I’d let you borrow one of my Labs if you were closer, the 11 month old female would definitely do the trick. Downside is your house would never be the same when she’s done because i’m pretty sure she’s part tornado.
                              i had one like that,, very protective of my kids especially my son who was the youngest,,, i watched her take care of a possum once,,, when it was done there was no playing left!

Comment

Working...
                              X