No announcement yet.

A year in the life of a farm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the lack of updates but wanted to leave that to Rusty! We worked our butts off to find this deer and I hate that we couldn't get it done! Rusty and a frank have an amazing place and have done some amazing things with a little ole spot in Louisiana! Not just managing deer but managing an entire habitat!

I'm on standby if they ever need us again! Fine place and fine folks!

Enjoyed today Rusty!

PS..... I'm thinking they will get a pic of this deer again before long....
    Last edited by KR-oldmexico; 10-17-2014, 09:20 PM.

Comment

^^^i hope so too! I don't think we've seen the last of this deer

Comment

Sorry yall couldnt find that deer, but im almost starting to think walking through there anymore is going to do more bad than good. I would almost set cameras all over the ranch and cut down the traffic through there quite a bit and let that boy rest. Hopefully he will recover soon and start hitting a food/water source you have a camera on. Best of luck to yall I hope he shows back up this year so at least yall can have a sigh of relief and a little closure to the situation.

Comment

This makes me sick to my stomach.....can't imagine what you are feeling

Comment

Awesome thread you have here sir, can't believe I have just now tuned in..

Comment

Bubba you need to get your head out of the Mexico thread! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by BillyloMexico View Post
                Bubba you need to get your head out of the Mexico thread! Lol
                LOL. I guess so, Greg told me I need to find this one, Glad he did alot of good wisdom from Rusty...

Comment

Originally posted by gusman View Post
                  LOL. I guess so, Greg told me I need to find this one, Glad he did alot of good wisdom from Rusty...
                  That's alright Bubba.
                  Erybody knows you can't multitask.

Comment

Maybe he scared him off to your side no you can kill em

Comment

No sign of Gorgeous. We will continue to scour the woods and keep cameras out till antler shed. Being optimistic I am hoping he shows up again even if we find him long dead .

If there is one truism I have learned about giant whitetail bucks over the years it's that they can profoundly effect peoples behavior in many ways. Some people just fall apart around them . Thats what happened to Frank. He just melted. He had a slam dunk on a world class free range wild whitetail and and blew it.

His family has a history of heart issues including massive heart attacks early in life. Frank told me that even before he went to the blind that day his heart was beating so wildly it made him sick. { He had pictures of the buck the day before in daylight at 5:30} When the buck walked out he felt like he was going to have a heart attack himself at the time. This from a man thats 62. He took a bad shot.

He is now crestfallen. He clearly understands he not only bungled a lifetime opportunity but knows we may never find find the buck to preserve an artifact of what we worked so many years to finally grow.

Comment

Man I could only imagine how sick he is! As well as I'm sure you are! Keeping my fingers crossed you find him or his remains!

Comment

I feel for both of you. I dont think yall have seen the last of him. If the dog couldnt find him, and the buzzards havnt found him, good chance hes still out there.

Comment

Well the only Sad part of your whole story is more people don't feel the same way these days. Cameras and all the supper bucks these days have taken away the pure excitement from some but, Happy to hear people still Loose it from Time to Time. Good things always come to those that deserve it and I feel this story still has a Happy ending. Thanks for letting us be a Part of it Buddy

Comment

I hope we get pics soon. Alive or dead.

Comment

Man, I feel for the both of you. That is a tough one to swallow. I do however like the way you dont mince words about what happened. It is what it is at this point. I hope he shows up on camera again.

Comment

Working...
                                X