Summer vacation suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Summer vacation suggestions

2 families of 4 looking for somewhere to go. Already looking into Destin,fl and gulf shores, al. Is there anywhere else we should also be looking? Thanks in advance for input. Also my wife agreed to a guided fishing trip for me and the other dad no Wives no kids. So that will play a factor in destination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We want the beach for sure.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Hilton Head
      Condo rentals are reasonable.

Comment

I prefer to get out of the heat in the summer. Have you been to San Diego? Water is cold. Average high mid 70s lows in 50s.

Comment

Yes I have. My wife and I have been to San Francisco together she’s looking for some where the water is a bit warmer.

Comment

Orange Beach/ Gulf Shors is AWESOME!!

Comment

Originally posted by Acameron52 View Post
              Orange Beach/ Gulf Shors is AWESOME!!

Yep. Even my three year old liked it b

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Beaches in Destin are fantastic. The town is great but extremely crowded. Haven’t been to gulf shores but have friends that love it.

Comment

Perdido Key Florida

Comment

Rosemary, Seaside pretty nice area.

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
                      I prefer to get out of the heat in the summer. Have you been to San Diego? Water is cold. Average high mid 70s lows in 50s.
                      San Diego & San Francisco water temps are like Boston water temps vs Miami.

San Diego has the best charter fishing scene in the country.

If you have passports Cabo and Cancun are 90 mins flights away, both very inexpensive and Cabo has a nice offshore scene as well

Comment

For a close trip and a lot of bang for the buck (no flights), I would say Gulf Shore / Orange Beach area. There is a lot to do down there and the beaches are very nice compared to what we have in Texas/La. Plenty of fishing opportunities as well for the Dads. Shopping is close by for the wives. The Naval Air museum is only 30-40 minutes away and free entry, there is plenty of history there to see, not to mention home of the Blue Angels. You can watch practice there from many places and sometimes even the beach.

We have been a couple of times and it's a nice getaway. Look into Home Away and VRBO for good deals.

Comment

We have been all up and down the Florida coast on the gulf side. We prefer Ft. Walton to Destin. Same exact beaches and much smaller crowds.

-john

Comment

saw a thread some time ago people talking about St George island FL

Comment

Regarding the Florida choices, make sure you do some investigating before getting too deep into planning. From what we have seen, many places are still closed due to the hurricane. So places have not even started the rebuilding process, either haggling with insurance, lack of insurance or under insured.

Comment

Working...
                              X