No announcement yet.

2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already placed my order but now I’m struggling with my color choice. If they let me, I may call and change it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
      Tax return was bigger then expected so in like Flynn!
      Waiting on my 1099's so I can figure mine lol..

Comment

Originally posted by Lazyman View Post
        Waiting on my 1099's so I can figure mine lol..
        Me as well.

Comment

So do we call them in order to get the TBH deal?

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            Tax return was bigger then expected so in like Flynn!

What’s that?

Comment

Originally posted by ShawnG View Post
              So do we call them in order to get the TBH deal?
              Yes. They have been very helpful and appreciative for the business from everyone. Super nice guys to talk to, and will answer any questions you may have.

Comment

I'm still trying to figure out how to make this happen. Think I have the caliber narrowed down to either .25-06 or .257 Weatherby. I'm kinda leaning toward the .25-06. I know the .257 would give a little longer range, but I've got an APR in .264 Win Mag for the long stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                  I'm still trying to figure out how to make this happen. Think I have the caliber narrowed down to either .25-06 or .257 Weatherby. I'm kinda leaning toward the .25-06. I know the .257 would give a little longer range, but I've got an APR in .264 Win Mag for the long stuff.
                  If I already had a .264 Win Mag I liked, I don't imagine a .257 WBY would see that much action. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                    We should do a guns of the APR TBH special build picture thread when these beauties start getting done. Be fun to see what everyone came up with.
                    Doc, nice looking guns. Did they talk at all about range for the 7 you ordered? Im looking at something similar for my son and want a great all around rifle out to about 5oo yards

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                      Doc, nice looking guns. Did they talk at all about range for the 7 you ordered? Im looking at something similar for my son and want a great all around rifle out to about 5oo yards

I didn’t talk to them about range. We have shot our other 7mm-08 out to 400 yards on targets and 300 yards on game. It has done a great job on everything. I don’t see why it wouldn’t work on Texas sized critters out to 500-600 yards.

Comment

What is the weight on these with a 24" barrel long action running?

Say a 28 Nosler with a 24" spiral fluted barrel?

Comment

2018 Alamo Precision Rifles TBH Special Thread

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post

Thank sweet baby Jesus they have a February cutoff! I’ve already built three more in my mind by looking at everyone’s builds.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
                            What is the weight on these with a 24" barrel long action running?

Say a 28 Nosler with a 24" spiral fluted barrel?

About 8#

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                              About 8#
                              yep, my calculations are between 8.25 and 8.5 lbs.

very well balance hunting rifle, similar feel to a Sendero yet just a tad bit lighter

Comment

Welp, its only money right.....

Comment

Working...
                                X