Spartan Camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spartan Camera

Going to buy a spartan camera. Can y’all save me some time doing research and reading on here and tell me which model to get? Thanks

If you can wait I would....they got a pretty sweet model coming out should be first half of next year

Comment

Depends on what service provider you need for the camera. If you are looking for a Verizon Spartan, the latest has just been released recently GC-V4Gb. It is a 4g Camera that will transmit pictures or videos. The videos it transmits are very good.

The 4g ATT Spartan is still being tested. I have one in the field now. It’s working great, but I have no idea on release. Maybe next month after we go to ATA & SHOT I will.

Now right now there is an updated 3g ATT camera out now, GC-ATTxB. It also transmits pics or vids. I’ve had 4 of these in the field for a couple months and they have been lights out good for me. They are way faster at transmitting pictures than any other 3g Camera I’ve seen. Transmitted videos are also very good. Only thing to keep in mind when buying a 3g camera is that in 2021, there maybe no more 3g service. If you decide to go with 3g ATT make sure you get the ATTxB and not the ATTb, that’s the older 3g that does not transmit video.

I run all my new cameras in pic+video mode now. Each trigger a pic & a video are recorded. If the picture makes me think I want to see the video, I request the video through the app. Next time the camera does something and comes online, it sends me the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I just installed my spartan today, using it as a security cam on my hunting camp. We had some meth heads move in about 1/2 mile away. Now we here about break ins and theft. I got the att model

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
          Depends on what service provider you need for the camera. If you are looking for a Verizon Spartan, the latest has just been released recently GC-V4Gb. It is a 4g Camera that will transmit pictures or videos. The videos it transmits are very good.

The 4g ATT Spartan is still being tested. I have one in the field now. It’s working great, but I have no idea on release. Maybe next month after we go to ATA & SHOT I will.

Now right now there is an updated 3g ATT camera out now, GC-ATTxB. It also transmits pics or vids. I’ve had 4 of these in the field for a couple months and they have been lights out good for me. They are way faster at transmitting pictures than any other 3g Camera I’ve seen. Transmitted videos are also very good. Only thing to keep in mind when buying a 3g camera is that in 2021, there maybe no more 3g service. If you decide to go with 3g ATT make sure you get the ATTxB and not the ATTb, that’s the older 3g that does not transmit video.

I run all my new cameras in pic+video mode now. Each trigger a pic & a video are recorded. If the picture makes me think I want to see the video, I request the video through the app. Next time the camera does something and comes online, it sends me the video.

What’s differences in specs on new camera? Since you have a few cameras, can you put multiple cameras on one att buyasession? I have a spartan but never use all my data.

To the op- I have a new spartan blackout. Works good but no videos like the one mentioned above. Not a big deal to me but would be nice.
          Last edited by j.trevor123; 12-09-2017, 04:13 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

Ok thanks, just ordered on Ebay, said 2018 ATTxB, appreciate the short version!!

Comment

Originally posted by j.trevor123 View Post
              What’s differences in specs on new camera? Since you have a few cameras, can you put multiple cameras on one att buyasession? I have a spartan but never use all my data.

To the op- I have a new spartan blackout. Works good but no videos like the one mentioned above. Not a big deal to me but would be nice.

Having them on one Data plan is not an option at this time. No idea whether it’s in the works or not, but I don’t think so. With the addition of transmitting videos, I’m finding I’m using a much higher % of the data than in prior years.

Comment

Roscoe - any update on the Spartan battery pack/solar product that they were hoping to release a while back?

Comment

Working...
                X