The G O A T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wags View Post
    I didn't read all the post, and maybe it has already been said, but there is absolutely no way to compare different generation quarterbacks.

I cannot stand Tom Brady, but the dude is good. Is it the system? Is it the coach? Maybe yes to both, but Brady continues to get the job done like no other.

But with all that said, there is absolutely no way to compare quarterbacks of this generation to earlier generations. The Roger Staubachs, Terry Bradshaws, and even as late as the John Elways, use to get the crud hit out of them. How much easier must it be to sit back in a pocket and understand that you are so protected by rules.

Now, I am not saying that todays quarterbacks don't get hit hard, but it has to be a totally different mindset. Then add to this the rules on pass interference and how that has changed. It is just a totally different game compared to years past.

Again, as much as I hate to say it, Brady has proved to be one of the best to ever play the game. Is he the GOAT? To me, that question cannot be answered.
    I think I like this answer the best. Brady definitely has the career to argue he is the GOAT. I just can't get myself to agree. Don't know if its my hate of the Pats, maybe. I see him as a product of the system. He doesn't have the beautiful long ball I have seen on the greats like Montana or Favre or even Aikman for that matter(cowboy hater btw). Not sure he would have been as great on a different team. Barry Sanders, in my opinion, has an argument of being the GOAT at running back and always played on a terrible team. Could Brady have been as great on a team as lousy as Barry played? I personally don't think so.

Comment

Do GOATS get beat by 2nd year head coaches and 2nd string QB’s?

Comment

Sometimes. What's that saying? On any given Sunday?

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Do GOATS get beat by 2nd year head coaches and 2nd string QB’s?

Yes. I saw it happen last Sunday

Actually Playa, you've made a great point Brady sucks!

Comment

Context...the way the game was played on n the 80’s and 90’s and Brady never even sees the field.

Football today is a different game

Comment

Tom Brady would have been a great qb in 1974, and Unitas would be today...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So what do you do as the eagles coach next year? Bench a super bowl winning MVP and put wentz back into the 1st string or stay with foles?

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
                  So what do you do as the eagles coach next year? Bench a super bowl winning MVP and put wentz back into the 1st string or stay with foles?
                  I think Foles is only on a 1yr deal. Foles is going to get paid, by some other team to be the starter. Denver seems like a good stop for Foles

Comment

GOAT. The guy is just a winner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                    X