No announcement yet.

Mountain Lion Kills Biker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Bo will post up the video of the mountain lion hunt he sent out the other day, makes it look easy

Comment

Originally posted by Txbownut View Post
      The biker was "killed" and the cat was "euthanized". PC at its best. Prayers up for these folks. Mountain lion attacks have to be around the same odds as winning the lottery the same day you got struck by lightning.
      Heard this story on the radio while the wife and I were driving. This was my exact response! Perhaps if we quit killing deer and instead euthanize them, the animal rights nuts will be ok with it.

I do appreciate the reporting in the second link:
      "Officers with the Washington Department of Fish and Game tracked the cougar down and shot it dead."

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
        Yea me too! I was thinking 2 of them could fight him off!
        If you were ever able to skin one and see just exactly how these cats are built then you would see how 2 men being able to fight one off, with bare hands, would be next impossible... They are built to kill. Its what they do.
        A 100 pound cat is a small one..

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          A mountain lion kills very large, very swift, very tough and very resilient mammals for a living. We are none of those things. If he decides that your death is in his best interest, my money is on him no matter your tough guy status.
          100% correct.. Humans do not stand a chance against a big cat of any kind.
          A bobcat can easily kill a human.

Heck a human was just killed by a pack of wienie dogs..

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
            sounds like there were actually two cats there at the site of the attack, one of them ran.
            It’s tough to say what you’d actually do in this situation, but I like to think I wouldn’t do that to a friend. Regardless, it’s a terrible situation all around.

Comment

This is only the second person killed by a mountain lion in Washington, in over 100 years.

My guess is there is something wrong with the cat and it was not able to hunt normal prey and went looking for something easier. Cat's don't hunt people, or there would be a lot more people dying in the western US.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                Grab a buddy and a big house cat then fill a bathtub full of water and see if the two of you can dunk the cat without injury.......now add 100 lbs to the cat and you are dinner. Good luck
                This is greatness!

Comment

Didnt read the post or link... but... what the hell is a mountain lion doing at a twin peaks?

Comment

I used to think that if a lion attacked me I would just beat the C*** out of it. Only wussies or Californians would be afraid of a mountain lion. Then we killed a 125 lb cat at the ranch. What I know is that if that bad boy jumped on your back your screwed!

My partner took video of one at 3 ft. from his bow blind. The cat actually rubbed against his pop up. He took a shotgun to his blind the rest of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                      100% correct.. Humans do not stand a chance against a big cat of any kind.
                      A bobcat can easily kill a human.

Heck a human was just killed by a pack of wienie dogs..
                      Great... thanks for pointing that out. Now I have a whole separate reason to be faster on the walk to my stand. I've seen several walking in and out.

Comment

Id hate to run into my dead buddies family, after I ran off while he was being attacked by a kitty kat. Go down swinging. Dang.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                          Only reason I hate walking to my bow blind in the pitch black , especially in old Mexico
                          Yep, and I had a game cam pic of a Huge Tom in my feed pen, that was only 40 yards from my little tripod.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                            Didnt read the post or link... but... what the hell is a mountain lion doing at a twin peaks?
                            Lots of cougars there.

Comment

Working...
                            X