Drawn for Laguna Atascosa Archery Exotic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaFountainBow View Post
    They only culled in unit 4, which is closed to hunting. They are allowing hunters to attempt to clean up the populations in other units before deciding if they need to cull hunting units after season. That info came from the visitor center staff.

Be still, Be Quiet, Be ready.
    D.
    I don't buy that info one bit. Hunters have never been able to make a dent in the population so why would they decide to leave some for hunters during an actual quarantine?

Comment

Just posting what I was told and what I read.

I guess we will see what we see when the dates arrive. I am not gonna let it dampen my hunt though.

Be still, Be Quiet, Be ready.
      D.

Comment

I got drawn for the Nov 18-22. I paid for the permit but now I have to work those days. Is it allowed to let someone else have the permit?

Comment

Originally posted by Towboater View Post
          I got drawn for the Nov 18-22. I paid for the permit but now I have to work those days. Is it allowed to let someone else have the permit?
          Nope. Only the person drawn can use it.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
            Nope. Only the person drawn can use it.

What makes you so sure of this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post

Every draw on the tpwd website is like that.

Comment

Originally posted by TalonErickson7 View Post

Don't know how to post pics. But go to the main public hunt draw page where it says browse, buy permit, check status, and scroll down to substitutions. It's all there.

Comment

For those looking at a place near Laguna Air B&B must of had 30 places last week. I went today to book and found 1 place left.

Comment

I'll be down there. Just booked a motel room in laguna vista and working on getting my bike and trailer all ready to go next.

Comment

Just got PDF notification on the hunt Nov 18-22, am I reading it correctly that there is no scouting/stand placement on November 17?

Comment

yep, it looks like you can scout this weekend, but not the days before the actual hunt

Comment

I went down there Sunday to do some scouting, and all that I can say is that it will be a tough hunt....and very crowded. They've had very little rain of late and the only water is Laguna Atascosa itself. That means that all the nilgai (and all the hunters) are going to be in that section. Now, they could get some rain in the next two weeks to change things, but we'll just have to see. I saw numerous other hunters down there scouting, but didn't see any nilgai and only two dung piles. To get a shot, you are going to have to be pretty lucky, and my guess is that they know that, hence the 250+ permits. I'm not trying to discourage anyone. Some of my most satisfying hunts were ones where I beat the odds. Best of luck to everyone.

Comment

I received an email today from the refuge. Due to construction, no parking is permitted along FM 106, which means that all access will be from the East side.

Comment

that will mean more walking
                              guessing that will have far less people headed up to 5 and 3 and top part of 8

Comment

Well,well, what a small world. This is Peter R and I drew Laguna Atascosa as well. Ping me tomorrow at work and lets chat.

Comment

Working...
                                X