NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NRA asks ATF to review bumpstocks

NRA has requested the Feds to review bumpstocks.

NRA doing some damage control.

RINOs

Comment

We'll see what Ted Nugent says about this. This is a slippery slope and the NRA should recognize it. Putting blame on an inanimate object is no different than blaming the AR-15.

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
        We'll see what Ted Nugent says about this. This is a slippery slope and the NRA should recognize it. Putting blame on an inanimate object is no different than blaming the AR-15.
        They probably see it as an opportunity to appease the libs a little, hell reading the news there appears to be many Republicans on board with hearings on Bump stocks.

Better to loose an ad on than to loose the weapon

Comment

Last edited by 150class; 10-05-2017, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            They probably see it as an opportunity to appease the libs a little, hell reading the news there appears to be many Republicans on board with hearings on Bump stocks.

Given what I've seen from the Repubes, it doesn't surprise me. Bend over, grab ankles, take it. That's their MO. The problem is, today it's a bump stock. Tomorrow, it's high capacity magazines and the day after that is the weapon itself. The libs will use the words "we don't need it" against us. It's not for them to decide what I need. I don't own a bump stock and have no desire for owning one but eliminating them won't stop mass shootings. It won't even slow them down. Bump stocks been around for quite a few uneventful years. Now, they're bad...

If this guy off'd 59 people with a bayonet on a 1903 Springfield, the libs wouldn't say sh*t about it. They would scurry around and change the narrative to "military-style weapons and need to be banned.". If you give these people an inch, they'll cut out your heart and show it to you. They play a different game than most of us.

Liberals are not interested in solving the problem. If they were, they would focus on the 40,000+ suicides annually in America and the 84 murders on average in Chicago every month. Those statistics are quite shocking to me but the Marxists go whistling by the graveyard.

Comment

No doubt they and gun owners are in a tight spot on this one. Deadliest shooting in US history, a true massacre, and some sort of action will precipitate from it.

Almost all other shootings had a caveat, be that mental health question or illegally obtained weaponry. This one appears to legal gun ownership and it stinks, but public outcry will likely require sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by Livin'2hunt View Post
                Given what I've seen from the Repubes, it doesn't surprise me. Bend over, grab ankles, take it. That's their MO. The problem is, today it's a bump stock. Tomorrow, it's high capacity magazines and the day after that is the weapon itself. The libs will use the words "we don't need it" against us. It's not for them to decide what I need. I don't own a bump stock and have no desire for owning one but eliminating them won't stop mass shootings. It won't even slow them down. Bump stocks been around for quite a few uneventful years. Now, they're bad...

If this guy off'd 59 people with a bayonet on a 1903 Springfield, the libs wouldn't say sh*t about it. They would scurry around and change the narrative to "military-style weapons and need to be banned.". If you give these people an inch, they'll cut out your heart and show it to you. They play a different game than most of us.

Liberals are not interested in solving the problem. If they were, they would focus on the 40,000+ suicides annually in America and the 84 murders on average in Chicago every month. Those statistics are quite shocking to me but the Marxists go whistling by the graveyard.
                I understand all that^^^^^ completely but in this circumstance, with the elected representatives we have on both sides of the isle The American people will loose some freedom after this event. I don't think there is any doubt about it this time. If I am going to loose something it might as well be a bump stock.
                Then hope the outrage is enough at some point that we elect republicans with old school courage and constitutional back bone

Comment

"shall be just a little infringed."

Comment

I understand all that^^^^^ completely but in this circumstance, with the elected representatives we have on both sides of the isle The American people will loose some freedom after this event. I don't think there is any doubt about it this time. If I am going to loose something it might as well be a bump stock.
                    Then hope the outrage is enough at some point that we elect republicans with old school courage and constitutional back bone

You nailed it. I've always said, it's not bad enough for people to care. Yet.

Comment

Told y'all it was coming.

Comment

Fuggin Barak has blood on his hands for letting the bump stocks get into civilians hands.....

Comment

Ya....the fact that 95% of gun owners didn't know what bump stocks were or how they operated before the media got ahold of this.

I know, I know....givem and inch, blah, blah blah. Fact is, they are after our guns all the time, even when there hasn't been a national tragedy.

I've got a 90's Hellfire still in the box I'll sell for $1500 cash if anyone missed out on the 2017 Bump Stock Grab.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                            Ya....the fact that 95% of gun owners didn't know what bump stocks were or how they operated before the media got ahold of this.

I know, I know....givem and inch, blah, blah blah. Fact is, they are after our guns all the time, even when there hasn't been a national tragedy.

I've got a 90's Hellfire still in the box I'll sell for $1500 cash if anyone missed out on the 2017 Bump Stock Grab.
                            I understand your point about most gun owners not even knowing what they are thing, but the givem an inch thing is real. If they ban bump fire stocks and someone goes out and does the same thing without one, what do you think they'll go after next? They dang sure aren't gonna say, "well we already banned bump fires so I don't think we can do anything else."

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              I understand your point about most gun owners not even knowing what they are thing, but the givem an inch thing is real. If they ban bump fire stocks and someone goes out and does the same thing without one, what do you think they'll go after next? They dang sure aren't gonna say, "well we already banned bump fires so I don't think we can do anything else."
                              They've been after AR's since the 80's.....we'll be ok. Yes, its stupid, pick your battles. Shift the focus to Mental Health.

Comment

Working...
                              X