Why ratings don't matter & how the NFL well weasel out of this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why ratings don't matter & how the NFL well weasel out of this

TV ratings are calculated a number of different ways by different sources.
    Xfinity and DirecTV have the cleanest way of saying who watched what and for how long (can you believe I worked on a campaign like that as well??? Predicting which of these dead beat soccer fans would cancel their subscription after the season was over so we would send them discounts and goodies to entice them to stay)

Anyhow,
    Ratings as they are reported really only matter to ESPN and the networks. Because they set the rate of each tv ad.
    The NFL could say "ratings have gone down because of cable cutters but these folks are STILL watching our games on pirated streams so your product will STILL get visibility.
    Goddell will say something like "you think a dyed in the wool Cowboys or Titans fan will let them stay away from their team for longer than two weeks? That's merely a bye week. They will find a stream online on their firestick and watch that way.
    So, your product will STILL get seen.

Now cut the check!

The veterans day games will be some type of magnificence this year.
    Yeah, you guys forgot that the NFL does those camo jerseys for veterans day.

That's the thing with liberals ...they can't stand people who are from normal successful nuclear family's that are happy and doing well.. to which they never had. So they sneak into moms cabinet,drink a shot of her vodka and search the interwebs for some sort of statistic that they can post to hopefully bring others down to their level in some sort of self loathing comfort for the night.

Screw the NFL....I'm enjoying watching their demise

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
      That's the thing with liberals ...they can't stand people who are from normal successful nuclear family's that are happy and doing well.. to which they never had. So they sneak into moms cabinet,drink a shot of her vodka and search the interwebs for some sort of statistic that they can post to hopefully bring others down to their level in some sort of self loathing comfort for the night.

Screw the NFL....I'm enjoying watching their demise
      Yes, but look on the positive side, the beating Danny Trevathan laid on Davante Adams last night brings "the hit" back into the game.

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
        TV ratings are calculated a number of different ways by different sources.
        Xfinity and DirecTV have the cleanest way of saying who watched what and for how long (can you believe I worked on a campaign like that as well??? Predicting which of these dead beat soccer fans would cancel their subscription after the season was over so we would send them discounts and goodies to entice them to stay)

Anyhow,
        Ratings as they are reported really only matter to ESPN and the networks. Because they set the rate of each tv ad.
        The NFL could say "ratings have gone down because of cable cutters but these folks are STILL watching our games on pirated streams so your product will STILL get visibility.
        Goddell will say something like "you think a dyed in the wool Cowboys or Titans fan will let them stay away from their team for longer than two weeks? That's merely a bye week. They will find a stream online on their firestick and watch that way.
        So, your product will STILL get seen.

Now cut the check!

The veterans day games will be some type of magnificence this year.
        Yeah, you guys forgot that the NFL does those camo jerseys for veterans day.

How could anyone forget that?? Its paid for with tax dollars!

Comment

If the NFL sees losses, they won't blame their actions, they will say it is Trump's fault.

Comment

Yup

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
            If the NFL sees losses, they won't blame their actions, they will say it is Trump's fault.
            Chalk it up as another success in my book!

Comment

I have not watched a game all year
              Hope they go out of business

Comment

I quit watch the NFL 5 years ago, if I posted my reasons I'd be banned for life, but my reasons are the truth!

Comment

Hmmm I'm trying to think what happened in the NFL 5years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                    I quit watch the NFL 5 years ago, if I posted my reasons I'd be banned for life, but my reasons are the truth!
                    Let me guess... you got belligerent drunk at a Texans tailgater and called your wife at half time to tell her to watch the "hot blonde" cheerleader and then attempted to explain to her that you deserved "something like that". Then later at home, yet still filled with intoxicants you passed out on the couch until Monday morning thereby breaking your promise to have cleaned out the garage that weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                      Let me guess... you got belligerent drunk at a Texans tailgater and called your wife at half time to tell her to watch the "hot blonde" cheerleader and then attempted to explain to her that you deserved "something like that". Then later at home, yet still filled with intoxicants you passed out on the couch until Monday morning thereby breaking your promise to have cleaned out the garage that weekend?
                      Now that's funny!

Comment

Week 3 tickets sales down 20%

Comment

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                          Hmmm I'm trying to think what happened in the NFL 5years ago?

Wife beating, murders, dog fighting, intoxicated manslaughters, aggravated assaults...... shall I continue? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                            Wife beating, murders, dog fighting, intoxicated manslaughters, aggravated assaults...... shall I continue? [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Indeed, the list goes on......

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                              Best thing I've read on the interwebs all week

Comment

Working...
                              X