No announcement yet.

Camp Bullis 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am new to Texas and trying to figure out the public hunting deal in the San Antonio area. So hunting is permitted on Camp Bullis? Is it covered by the Annual Public Hunting license or is it a drawing?

Comment

Of course, the guy pictured above stepped out at 1600, stayed for 15 mins, mostly broadside. Ahhh!!

Comment

Ran the deer out this morning on my way in. Nothing but pigs this evening.

Have 2 regulars that I'm after. Neither is perfect, but both have character.
        Attached Files

Comment

That second one is cool looking. Not sure if the first one makes 13" :-D haha.

Comment

Originally posted by 1337hunter View Post
            Gonna be close! Haha

Sent from my D6708 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Whosure View Post
              I am new to Texas and trying to figure out the public hunting deal in the San Antonio area. So hunting is permitted on Camp Bullis? Is it covered by the Annual Public Hunting license or is it a drawing?
              It is a draw but you have to have some sort of military ID.

Comment

I shot at nice 8 Friday morning but shot my blind instead. A buck was killed in 8A4 yesterday so the pressure is on for me this afternoon. I did take an old doe last night

Comment

[QUOTE=Kybowhuntr;12065459]I shot at nice 8 Friday morning but shot my blind instead]

Been there done that and it stinks!

Comment

Nice. Looks like the doe I shot the first year I hunted here. She had about 2.5 teeth in her head.

Comment

Whatcha think for spread on second one? 15"?

Comment

[quote=FlatsCat21;12065477]
                        Originally posted by Kybowhuntr View Post
                        I shot at nice 8 Friday morning but shot my blind instead]

Been there done that and it stinks!
                        Shot under him. He was back on cam most of last night. Hoping he'll give me one more shot

Comment

Hard to tell without a view of the body, but my guess is at least 15".

Comment

I would say closer to 18", he is a couple inches past his ears on both sides.

Comment

I really don't know, but for reference, the buck in my profile pic measured 15" even. Whatever he measures, he's surely a shooter! Hope you get a crack at him.

Comment

I really don't know, but for reference, the buck in my profile pic measured 15" even. Whatever he measures, he's surely a shooter! Hope you get a crack at him.
                                Thanks 1337. I hope it's going to be good new year, but it's a very bad evening for me. I wasn't sure whether to post this or not. If it may help find him and figure out what went wrong, then I'm willing to take whatever criticism or negative comments it may generate.

He came in at 1645 this afternoon. He was calm, I had time, and I let one fly broadside at 20yds. Thwack and luminock disappeared. He spun and ran off slightly hunched up and tail down. Go to investigate after some time. Find hair all over the place where he was and only a tiny piece of flesh attached to some very short white hair outside opposing hoof print. Zero blood, none, not a drop. Followed trail where he went up to point I last saw him - no blood. Never found the arrow either. Given the luminock disappearing and not finding the arrow, I'm assuming it's still in him.

Shooting a Rage Extreme 2-blade chisel-tip from ~65#. I told biologist and she gave me Cooper's card. I emailed him a pic of the deer in case he's found later.

I expect he'd be in the vicinity of 7-16, 7-2, or 7-14.

I'm sick - I hate to have this happen! He was a very nice buck. I don't wish this on anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X