Deer Watering Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer Watering Station

The rain water tank should be full with the rain in Rocksprings area .. I talked to a co-worker and they prefer plastic over metal for horse water stations. But don't need 250 gallon tank .. There is a good epoxy coated steel waterer @ 1.5 gal or a 4 gal plastic one.. that's really not big size wise.. Do any of you put rocks in a big tank to take up space. This will be gravity feed from 275 gal tote. Plan to partially dig into ground and secure it to a tree with lag bolts .. my 1st water station.

Wow .. 234 looks and no information but I did a search on other watering stations ..

Comment

I have the red plastic waterer from tractor supply. I tried the small metal one, but it couldn't keep up when the deer hit it. I put a few big rocks in it to help anchor it and let little critters get out if they fall in.

Comment

some great info can be found in this:http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...hlight=waterer

Comment

This is my setup, got most of the parts from Ace
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
            This is my setup, got most of the parts from Ace
            Seems like that little bucket would be easy for something to knock over.

Comment

Its lasted about 3 years so far. It is about 1/2 in the ground, dont have cattle. I also put panels around it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X