Thoughts on Bear Archery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Bear Archery?

Ive been interested in a new bow for some time and have been looking at bear achery. What are your thoughts on their bows? ive noticed on that online archery store will buy last years models and sell them for several hundred less. has anyone had experience buying bows off ebay? I was wanting to get the bear moment, bear br 33, or bear escape? ive noticed from watching 3d archery shoot on youtube no one is ever shooting a bear. in my opinion I think that every bow company's flagship model will get them job done. it just comes down to personal preference at that point. with so many its really hard to choose, just looking to stay within the 500-800$ range

I've had a 2018 Bear Species for almost a year and I absolutely LOVE it. It does exactly what I need it to and it does it well. I'm not a 3d shooter, but I'm an avid hunter and practice on foam nearly every day. Great arrow speed with my heavier hunting arrows and a nock breaker to boot. I haven't had to touch a thing other than pull weight since getting it dialed in. Am I going to get any nods over having the biggest and baddest bow while sitting around camp....no. However, that's not what my bow is for. It is the tool I trust to get the job done while enjoying my time in the woods.

Comment

IMHO, Bear is making great bows again. BTW, I don't shoot a Bear.

Comment

I’ve been shooting a Bear for several years and it’s consistent and kills that’s all i need I’m not interested in spending money I don’t have to

Comment

I bought a 2018 Bear Approach HC in January. This is the best bow I have ever owned. Was around $500. I moved over all of my sights, arrow rest etc.

Comment

Nothing wrong with bear at all. The arena line up was outstanding and im hearing the bear kuma is really something. You can get great deals online on the previous years models. I picked up a 2017 elite impulse 31 off of camofire last month for $550. This bow is normally $1000. They had a bear arena on there a few days ago for $450.
            Last edited by hogslayer78; 08-03-2018, 11:31 AM.

Comment

thanks for the response. this really helps my decision. mid west archery has some really nice last year model bear bows that I think im going to go with. they are selling on ebay and its nice because they have a website too with a phone number I can call if I have questions.

Comment

Look at Lancaster too, I think they had some on clearance as well.

Only thing that really turned me away from Bear was the two string stop design that looked like brow tines. Just looked funky to me

Comment

I’ve been shooting an Arena 34 for the past couple years. Great bow. I would buy another Bear bow for sure.

Comment

I love all of my Bear bows. Look at the Kuma LD. If you want to shoot traditional get a Super Kodiak.

Comment

One in the Classifieds right now.

Comment

Nothing wrong with a Bear, I've owned them and liked them. They are for the $ some of the best deals. Past two bows have been Elites ONLY because I was able to get a smokin deal on used bows.

Comment

As far as buying bows on eBay, I've done it. I got a new 2013 PSE DNA in 2015. I even got to send in the warranty card. I think I got somewhere near $400 off the msrp. I would do it again.

Sent from my XT1687 using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm getting another Bear off TBH! Bought my last one off TBH a few years ago and shot my biggest deer ever (161") with it 6 months later! I highly recommend it!lol

Comment

Got this last week from Bear

Comment

Working...
                              X