X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Area looks good, and great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
      How did he weight it down, especially toward the front?

How big is the area (roughly?) and how long did it take to till? I am sure the round-up helped immensely.
      Yes, the round up + 3 weeks was key. Round up was mixed 3-4 oz/ gallon of water.

The area is about 30-40 yards in diameter plus a 5 yard wide finger leading to it.

He weighted it down with a cut RR cross tie, about 50 pounds in weight. You could put a piece of plywood down and top it with 1-2 bags of corn.

It took him about 6 hours to smooth it up, put out seed, then turn it over and drag to cover.

Keep in mind, he had to clean it often as trash built up under it. No amount of weight will keep the drag down with the trash.

Please post pics of your plots!

Comment

Great idea

Comment

Sister, I may need to borrow it for some work at my archery club!

Comment

sweet! guy i know has a similar design with dumb-bell weights/ cinderblock

Comment

Tracey did y'all have any trouble with the nails bending?

Comment

No. This is sandy loam. It doesn't get any traffic other than foot traffic.

Comment

A piece of 6 foot chain link fence works like a champ. Cheap and been doing that for years

Comment

Thats cool and hey, if it works it works. Doesnt have to be fancy or costly to get the job done

Comment

I built one very similar to use at the ball park infield. I made a wood frame, predrilled the 2x6 runners and put 20 of the 6" nails per board, then put a cap 2x6 on top to keep the nails in the board. Works like a champ, definitely a 2 person job for quicker work. The trash/debris builds up quick under there. One pulling and another in good drop spot to flip it, pull the weeds out and flip it back over.

Comment

Impressive

Comment

Working...
                        X