Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Slow&Steady View Post
    Hello Green Screen,

I thought I might stir the pot a bit on this fine Easter morning. I will not be voting for Donald Trump. I did not vote for him in the primary, and I will not got for him I. The general should he receive the nomination. I know many will say that failure to vote with the republicans is the same as giving a vote to the democrats. I used to be that guy, but times they are a'changin'. Let me break this down one layer at a time.

On Cruz and the primary:

I did vote for Cruz in the primary. I support many of his positions and want to see power taken from Washington and given back to the states and the people. That said, I'm certainly not as excited about voting for him as I once was. The bloom is off the rose, so to speak. He and his campaign have said some things that I feel are beneath the office he is seeking (as has everyone else unfortunately). All that said, I want to be clear, I am not refusing to vote for Trump because I'm upset that this would mean that Cruz lost. My position on Trump has nothing to do with Cruz.

On Trump and the general election:

I'll speak plainly here. Trump is a bombastic megalomaniacal populist. He'll say anything to get elected. One should always be wary of someone who runs their mouth a lot but doesn't actually tell you anything. We should have learned this lesson all to well with Obama. I certainly don't disagree with a a lot of what he does say. We need border control. We need better foreign policy and trade policy. We need economic improvement. We need to be smarter about how we use our money. But he hasn't really told us how he plans to get these things. Mexico certainly isn't going to build a wall for the U.S. I'm not sure what "we're going to win so much that we'll get tired of winning" even means. All that aside, let's discuss the root of why I will not vote for him. Simply put, Trump is about power and self promotion. I do not trust him to obey the laws limiting the power of the executive office. To me, this makes him every bit as dangerous as Obama and Clinton. What do you call tyranny from within your own party? Still tyranny. Having spent six years putting my tail on the line to defend this nation, I simply will not vote for tyranny, whether elephant or donkey. Should he win the nomination, I may well vote for the Libertarian candidate. To those who say I would be throwing my vote away, I would argue that we throw our votes away every time we swallow the proverbial poop sandwich and vote for someone we don't really support just to keep someone else we don't support from winning.

I fully expect this post to generate some heat. Let's keep it civil guys.

Comment

I didn't say it but couldn't have said it better myself- "We need a person in the White House who doesn't fear the media, who doesn't embrace political correctness, who doesn't need the money, who is familiar with success, who won't bow to foreign dictators, who is pro-military and values law enforcement, and who is angry for America and NOT subservient to the interests of other nations. Donald Trump is such a man" Mr. Trump will take on special interests and embrace the ideas of rank-and-file Border Patrol agents rather than listening to the management yes-men who say whatever they are programmed to say. This is a refreshing change that we have not seen before -- and may never see again, My Vote is for Trump!

Comment

Well he's finished now. http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016...person-n548036

Comment

Well... if someone breaks the law isn't there supposed to be punishment for doing so? Why make it a law if there is no punishment? Or, is it better to just make statements that are politically correct?

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
            Yep....the media and Clinton will eat him alive on that. That clearly has never, ever been a conservative stance on abortion. He needs to keep his mouth shut until his CM tells him how to answer. I don't think he has that ability though

Comment

Nobody EVER knows all the answers in a world filled with political questions...........but candidate's DO need to be prepped and prepared! Going off the cuff is wearing thin and he must be able to define his answers within a framework that at least expresses his "maverick style" but does not expose his lack of depth. Lordy, he gave three answers in 3 hours.......and each was markedly different. Just not a good way to take your foot outta your mouth.

Comment

Last edited by Mike Javi Cooper; 02-21-2017, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Ragin: Nice post. I award you all of the points. You win the the thread!

Mike: Where can I get that sign? I'm kinda thinking I need one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
                    Yep........seems to be a large subset of Americans falling in that group! (great sign by the way) Strange feeling it will be another Mitt Romney induced phenomenon of folks not voting in the KEY states that will decide this presidential run for the R's or the D's............

Comment

If anyone is under the illusion that Trump doesn't need the benefit of contributing to current or future politicians for the benefit of his company or to have them play ball so to speak is failing to look at reality.
                      As stated in an earlier post abuse of power is just that and it shouldn't matter if it is about some thing that you personally agree with.

Circumventing the Constitution no matter what party is doing it or what the individual issue is should never be acceptable.
                      We are a republic and being such means that we are a nation of laws. Deviating from that is a very dangerous policy in the long run.
                      It is amazing to me how many people are willing to go down that road as long as it is promoting an issue that they believe is right for the country.
                      This is not how our government is supposed to work.

The longer we go down that road the harder it is to get back to constitutional principals.
                      If you think things are bad now they would really get bad if we turn into a democracy even though it would never be called a democracy.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                        X