Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I contacted Carter.
    Reply:

Hi Paul, a release that old suddenly starting to chew up loops would usually indicate some sort of damage either to the jaw or the case where the loop meets the back anodized aluminum. If you would like to send it in for evaluation and repair I would be happy to take a look at it for you. Please let me know if I may assist you further.

thanks, Forrest Carter

I think I'm gonna have to replace the loop and send it in after bow season cools off. I need this thing for the next few weekends. Or maybe I need to start practicing with the tru ball backup. Decisions, decisions??

Comment

Replace the loop and serve it. You can shoot it the rest of the season. If the serving wears just reserve it

Comment

I say take a good look at the release again and see if you can find where the case might have a small burr. Some fitz metal polish and a dremel have fixed more problems for me. Also i would take it apart and inspect it, you should clean it at least once a year anyway.

Comment

You can take it off also add a little draw and speed

Comment

Originally posted by BrandNew22 View Post
            You can take it off also add a little draw and speed
            And then have that release eating at the bowstring?!?! Xtreme hunting/shooting for sure..lol.

Comment

I've switched over to My TRU Ball and not only did the problem stop but my groups tightened up a good bit. I'm gonna send the Carter in and have it looked at and then use it as the back up.

Comment

Shooting a hook style release they never wear out lol

Comment

It might be a little to big

Comment

Originally posted by AddisonOil View Post
                    I don't replace mine til it breaks and I punch myself in the lip!
                    Did that once several years ago. Popped my self in the face pretty good and sent an arrow into Loop 281 in Longview. I was using a caliper release then. I switched over to a hook style release and my loop wear has been substantially better.

Comment

Working...
                    X