Weatherby Vanguard Scope Mount Height & Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weatherby Vanguard Scope Mount Height & Recommendations

Picked up a couple .308 Vanguards for my sons. I'll be putting Leupold VX-3i 50mm scope on them. What height mounts and are Leopold a good choice?

I want to be one and done

I have always liked these,

I have them on 4 of my Vanguards. If I am not mistaken you will need the high rings. I dont think the medium will work. It would be nice if they made a medium high. That would be perfect

Comment

Originally posted by flyinstroke View Post
      I have always liked these,

I have them on 4 of my Vanguards. If I am not mistaken you will need the high rings. I dont think the medium will work. It would be nice if they made a medium high. That would be perfect
      I like those! I dont see a high option though. Be nice if the mediums will allow the 50mm.

Comment

You should be able to call talley and they can tell you for sure if it will fit. There is one review that says the mediums fit a 50MM. They came on the vangaurds I have so I have no idea if they are medium or high.

Comment

Talley mediums will work

Comment

I have low Talley rings on my Mark V but I have a 40mm objective. I would think the medium Talley mounts would be fine.

Comment

I know that medium Leupolds do not work, have to go high in leupold. I was with a buddy of mine at Carrol's gun shop in Wharton and he purchased a Vanguard in .308 and that exact scope. The medium rings were not high enough and the high rings were so high it felt uncomfortable to look through the scope. He ended up going to a 4-12x40 leupold just so he could do the medium rings.

Comment

The medium talley rings will work with 50mm
                I called Talley last year before purchasing rings for my vanguard wilderness.

Comment

I used Warne Maxima Med rings with a Redfield Revolution 3x9x50 on my Vanguard in 7mmRem mag. I am happy with the match up.
                  772 by Tony Pic, on Flickr

Comment

Talleys are good ... I also like DNZ
                    Weatherby Scope Mounts - We machine the best rifle scope mounts for Weatherby Vanguard Short action & Long action rifles and more. Mount fits right hand firearms.

As for height depends on the manufacturer - medium or high

Comment

Working...
                    X