Gloss scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gloss scopes

Do any of the higher end scope companies still make gloss finish scopes? I’ve been looking but haven’t had much luck yet.

You and me both brother.

Comment

I was Lucky enough to find a new Leupold 4x12-40 gloss at Bass Pro Katy 3 years ago to match my BDL. Haven’t seen one since and I love my high gloss on my BDLs and Ruger M77s

Comment

I looked high and low. Finally found a Leupold at a pawn shop that was on a rifle he sold me for a decent price. Also found one on here recently a guy took off a rifle he was selling and sold me. Someone told me Leupold can “customize” some in gloss black for you but I’m not sure how true that is.

Comment

Originally posted by KNP16 View Post
          I looked high and low. Finally found a Leupold at a pawn shop that was on a rifle he sold me for a decent price. Also found one on here recently a guy took off a rifle he was selling and sold me. Someone told me Leupold can “customize” some in gloss black for you but I’m not sure how true that is.
          I looked up the Leupold custom shop and you are right, however they want $250 extra just for a gloss finish! So I guess I will start looking for a used one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
            I looked up the Leupold custom shop and you are right, however they want $250 extra just for a gloss finish! So I guess I will start looking for a used one.
            LOL.... that is crazy. That’s probably what they used to charge you to matte one when they were all gloss.

Comment

The only option that I have found is the Leupold custom shop, or find a decent used one.

Comment

Sorry double post

Comment

I found a NIB leupold VX-3 3.5-10x50 in San Antonio about a month ago at Nagel’s.

Comment

Originally posted by Mac View Post
                    These are basically your only 2 options... gloss and stainless scopes seem to be a thing of the past. The last 4 leupold’s I have bought I have had to order through the custom shop due to everything only coming in matte. Everyone is into these matte all black hideous looking guns these days.

Comment

Keep an eye on Craigslist for used ones!

Comment

eBay was where I had to go to get one. I traded for one on here as well. Few and far between these days. Especially for the newer higher end models.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X