Can You Shoot A Hawk or Eagle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can You Shoot A Hawk or Eagle?

Can you shoot a Hawk or Eagle that has latched on to the family pet Chihuahua and its trying to kill your dog?
    Attached Files

Sss

Comment

I don't know, but I would if it was Kuma!!

Comment

you can shoot other protected wildlife if they are threatening you or your property so I don't see why not

Comment

Can you? Yes if you are a good enough shot and have a gun handy...

Is it legal/will you get in trouble for it? I'm curious to know the answer as well.... but then it'd have to be a pretty big one to try to haul off our great dane!

Comment

If you don't you ain't right.

Comment

both barrels

Comment

Originally posted by kumathebear View Post
                I don't know, but I would if it was Kuma!!
                I think Kuma most likely could handle the situation.

Comment

I'm not sure, but with my luck I'd miss the hawk and hit my dog

Comment

I'm not sure that any of them are legal to kill. What I am sure of is that some of them would carry a much stiffer penalty than others.
                    Attached Files

Comment

I know a guy who had to shoot an owl or two every night for a week or more cuz they kept trying to make off with his teacup poodle. Guess that white fur looked tasty. Those suckers were fearless

Comment

I heard a story, told second hand for true, about a guy who did and paid a $5,000 fine. Hawk fell dead in the neighbors tree; the neighbor hated him and dropped a dime. Just be sure you can pay the fine, or the lawyer to beat it...

Comment

I would kill it in a heart beat. As said above SSS.

Comment

for sure would hate to have to shoot one but family pet kidnapping voids all protection rights. That not necessarily what is legal but what is right.

Comment

You can bet everything you have that if anything gets ahold of one of my pets and I am able to kill it I will. Then SSS

Hawks get a chicken every now and then but I expect it and figure that is just part of having free range chickens

Comment

Working...
                              X