Looking for Ceviche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Ceviche

I'm looking for the ceviche recipe that was posted here before the crash. I made that recipe and it was a big hit with my family. I have since lost my copy, and when I google ceviche, none of the recipes I find are as good. Can anyone help?
    Thanks,
    Dave

Here's Skipshot's I have saved and use all the time. Good stuff.

GJ's Ceviche

1lb Trout or Redfish (Catfish/Perch also work) (Approx. 2 small fillets) – Scrape with a fork & remove membranes. Chop into small 1/2 inch cubed pieces.

Place fish in a glass bowl and add 4 oz of lemon juice and 4 oz of lime juice (enough to thoroughly cover fish).
    Mix together and place in fridge for two-three hours.

Peel and chop 4 to 5 medium tomatoes
    Chop 1 to 2 large onions
    Half bottle of chopped salad olives (or Capers)
    1 can Old El Paso chopped green chilies
    2 ¾ teaspoons of salt
    1 teaspoon of oregano
    1 teaspoon of basil
    10 shakes of Tabasco

After fish has set in juice for two-three hours mix in the rest of the ingredients and put back in fridge for 12 hours. Drain off excess liquids and serve on crackers.

I typically increase this recipe by just adding more fish. I have added 8 to 10 fillets to this recipe without changing a thing except for the amount of lemon & lime juice I use. You need to make sure you have enough to “cook” the amount of fish you use. You can’t use to much because if has too much liquid than just drain some off before you add the other ingredients.
    Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

Thanks Devin, I thought I had reposted that already.

Comment

That's the one! Thanks a million! My Dad will be 89 tomorrow and he loves this stuff, along with the ranch crackers. So for his birthday, what Dad wants, Dad gets!
        Dave

Comment

MMMMmmmmmmmm.....and I have fresh fish

Comment

That sounds outstanding GJ!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Here is a sweet Ceviche http://wildedtx.blogspot.com/2009/06...t-ceviche.html

Comment

Working...
              X