No announcement yet.

Favorite wild turkey recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take that breast and butterfly it out so I have a nice flat piece of meat. I'll put together some turkey stuffing/dressing (Whatever you call it) spread a layer out on the meat and then carefully roll it up. Once its rolled up, tie it up real good with butchers twine. Cook it until its done, you know, they call for 165* but, if I remember right that temp will give you a dried up piece of meat. I'm not gonna tell you what temp you should go to but on my next one I will pull it at about 145* and let it rest for awhile. You can lay some half cooked bacon over it and put it in the oven like that too, everything is good with bacon. Search rolled stuffed turkey breast in google you find plenty of recipes.
    Last edited by BigNick; 11-22-2015, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Deep fried is good. Injected with seasonings.

Comment

Turkey Jerky

Wild Turkey Soup

Both are good.

Comment

I freeze the breasts and slice across the grain making about 3/4 to 1" steaks. Salt and pepper and pan fry.

Comment

Originally posted by RevMS View Post
            I freeze the breasts and slice across the grain making about 3/4 to 1" steaks. Salt and pepper and pan fry.
            Man that sounds pretty darn good. Might have to try that.

Comment

Start with the liquid over ice.. Now for the meat cut them into chicken nugget size and chicken fry them then make a gravy and simmer the meat in gravy covered for about 30 min..

Comment

We inject breasts with cajun. Take and cut into strips and put in bag with flour and an envelope of onion soup. Deep fry or pan fry.

Comment

White bean turkey chili.

Comment

Debone the breast!
                    Cut in strips with the grain!
                    Season, flour, and deep fry!

Taste just like quail!

Comment

Working...
                    X