Chip debit MasterCard denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chip debit MasterCard denied

I was trying to pay for some items this evening and my chip card was denied? There is plenty of money in the bank and expiration isn't until 2018. Called the online banking to check balance and all is good. First time I've encountered this with this new chip card. Any ideas on the problem?

Did you happen to try to get cash back? I know a few places I have gone too I tried to get cash back and it declined the transaction and I had to start over.

Skinny

Comment

Have you used the debit feature on this card since you got it?

Comment

Did you put it in backwards?

Comment

Not backwards. Tried 3 diffent times. Been working fine for a good while until tonight.

Comment

The bank should be able to see the transaction and tell you exactly why it failed.

Comment

I've had it happen once same thing. Plenty of cash on the bank, just wouldn't accept it. Had to use my credit card. I believe it's something with that particular machine cause I used later somewhere else no problem.

Comment

Your card worked for me tonight just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                  Bahahahha

Comment

I hate the chip cards I always seem to have a problem with mine. Yet my other card that isn't chiped works perfectly every time

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                      Your funny wise guy!

Comment

Probably just the machine, connection, etc. I have had it happen to me several times in the last ten years. No reason for it other than the machine is messed up at checkout. Plenty of funds available every time. Plus, overdraft available as well. Technology is great when it works.

Comment

I'm glad I wasn't in a tight spot and really needed it. Making me think about just carrying cash from now on.

Comment

Anytime I try to use my debit / credit card as a credit card, it will be declined every time. My bank said it is a security measure. I told them then they need to advertise it as a debit card only

Comment

Happened to me once too... tried it 3 times... checked my account balances, were all good. 4th time it worked.. never did find out the problem...

Comment

Working...
                              X