Anybody have one of these gun safes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody have one of these gun safes?

Welcome to Security Products: Protect Your Family, Your Guns, and Your Valuables. Our craftsmen have manufactured security safes and vaults for homes and businesses since 1974. Real safes for real security.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Cool concept, but 30 min at 1200° is very poor and 1-1/2" can be drilled out with a hole-saw easily and quickly.

Comment

I definitely get that,and understand..I guess I've never really worried about my guns getting burned up(sprinkler system)Sophisticated Alarms are also in place.The smash,and grab has always been in the back of my mind.I like looking at some of my guns,lit up in an old barn wood cabinet..Just thought this might be a cool option for some of the more expensive ones.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I don't want anyone seeking what I have in my safe.

Comment

My opinion, if they are going to make it see through, they should make the inside look better with wood trim/racks.

I am with Sackett. The 1200 degrees for 30 minutes isn't very long.

Comment

I'd bet that 99% of safes are in that same temp/time range. Most folks buy them to simply make it a little harder for someone to grab them.
            I think the novelty of this safe is more important than the fire aspect.

Comment

A better idea would be to have a 3D image behind the glass just showing a few old guns and some ammo that way nobody would spend the time to break in.

Comment

I watched the glass break video. Pretty impressive! 45 min fire protection at 1200 Degrees
                is not terrible. Very intriguing.

Todd

Comment

I have a Security Products Gun Safe and it's a good safe. However, there is no way in hades I would get one with the glass front. I believe mine is the Phat Boy (I'd have to check on that). It's a well built safe and I think I ordered mine with the 45 min @ 2400 degrees. It weighs about 700 lbs empty, but it doesn't hold enough guns for me.

Comment

My safe is like me carrying

I don't want you to know if/what I am carrying and I don't want anyone knowing what is in my safe either

Might be good for a shop that sells high end stuff to let people see what is available but not be able to snatch and run

But if that is something that works for you, go for it

Comment

Haha. If a safe is going to have a see through window to allow the thief to see exactly whats in there, it better be the most secure safe in the world. My guess would be that this does not fit that description.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                        I don't want anyone seeking what I have in my safe.
                        This.

Comment

Working...
                        X