Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    If drive a Tesla P100D in a heartbeat.

That’s a nice looking car and fast as hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Fast in a straight line. Try turning and it has more body roll than most SUV's. And it's on Prius tires, so no grip anyways.

I agree though, it looks better than the 3 and the SUV thing they make. Still not great looking like an Alpha, Mercedes, or BMW despite being at the same price point. There are some kits out there they will make them look awesome. But for my 100k, I want it looking good from the factory.

Man is right, they are trying to shove it down our throats now. Give it a good 10-20 years, and it might be good enough for mass production.

Comment

I wonder how fast that little dial on the electric meter spins when you plug that those in to charge. And how much will charging stations charge to "plug-in". Gasoline cost goes to zero, but charging cost go to $???.

I'm with the onboard backup generator/motor so you don't get stranded somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        If drive a Tesla P100D in a heartbeat.

That’s a nice looking car and fast as hell.

Teslas are stupid fast..and its a whole new kind of fast...
        ludicrous mode is very aptly named.

Comment

I think as far as I'm willing to venture in the electric vehicle market right now is the Nikola NZT side by side. Google it. It was originally developed and placed into a Kawasaki Teryx with "zero vectoring" technology which means it could spin on a perfect axis 360 degrees. Nikola has licensed the tech and built their own platform. I WANT ONE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Only thing missing is a Z71 decal!
            Bahahahahaha! Where's the like button lol

Comment

Electric vehicles are the future, eventually they are going to blow gas burners away in every conceivable metric, heck they are almost there!. It's inevitable.

As far as charging delay, I suspect all the batteries will eventually be universal and it will operate on a subscription service and you'll pull up to the battery swap station, it'll drop your low battery out, charge you a fee based on the charge level, drop in a new battery and you'll be on your way.

Advances in fusion energy will likely make the energy cost required to recharge them completely irrelevant energy will be so cheap, abundant, and clean.

We'd still be driving horses around if some folks had their way, if you look back at the panic around when horseless carriages were first introduced you'll see all sorts of panics and silly "It'll never happen" predictions. Funny enough one of the biggest panics around early cars was that there was no horse to act as a secondary intelligence guiding the vehicle and that human minds can't be trust with cars, now we are seeing people panicking over self driving cars (another inevitable and morally unavoidable tech) about how only human minds can control cars!!!

50 years from now when the next vehicle technology emerges (whatever it is) the same "old school" folks who swore electric vehicles would never work will be crying about how only electric vehicles are worthwhile and those newfangled unobtainium powered flying hovercars will never amount to anything!!!

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Teslas are stupid fast..and its a whole new kind of fast...
                ludicrous mode is very aptly named.
                Dude... I got cut off by a jackass in one of those on the highway and it was so dang fast I wasn't even mad. I was just impressed.

Even their base level car smokes most sports cars 0-60, it's incredible

Comment

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
                  50 years from now when the next vehicle technology emerges (whatever it is) the same "old school" folks who swore electric vehicles would never work will be crying about how only electric vehicles are worthwhile and those newfangled unobtainium powered flying hovercars will never amount to anything!!!
                  I'm gonna be one of those guys ripping around in a massive V-8, making all kinds of noise. Laughing at the whirrrrrr of the stupid electric cars flying above me. I hope I am the only one on the road!

Take it to a track and it's garbage. An M3 will walk all over them all day long. Luckily it won't take all day because it will be out of electricity 10 laps in.

But I do agree with ya, they are the future. Give it 20 years. It will be sweet to have an electric truck with 2000 ft lbs of torque that only makes a little whir noise.

Comment

I suspect there will be tracks where folks can drive their gas burners around for fun.

Itll be like folks do with horses now

Comment

Dude... I got cut off by a jackass in one of those on the highway and it was so dang fast I wasn't even mad. I was just impressed.

Same here. Some Jackwagon pulled out in front of me and before I was done verifying the next lane was available, he was pulling away from me. I was very impressed how quick it was and on top of that, no noise what so ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Rcole1310 View Post
                        Now this looks like something that I might be interested in. That Tesla truck screams Battlestar Galactica prop to me. I predict it’ll flop. This is a new technology and there are tons of kinks to work out but this is coming...like it or not. I see a time coming when you will need special permission to own a gas vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m sure it’ll have tons of kinks. I think it looks awesome though. I’d love to drive one and test it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Electric vehicles are the future, eventually they are going to blow gas burners away in every conceivable metric, heck they are almost there!. It's inevitable.

As far as charging delay, I suspect all the batteries will eventually be universal and it will operate on a subscription service and you'll pull up to the battery swap station, it'll drop your low battery out, charge you a fee based on the charge level, drop in a new battery and you'll be on your way.

Advances in fusion energy will likely make the energy cost required to recharge them completely irrelevant energy will be so cheap, abundant, and clean.

We'd still be driving horses around if some folks had their way, if you look back at the panic around when horseless carriages were first introduced you'll see all sorts of panics and silly "It'll never happen" predictions. Funny enough one of the biggest panics around early cars was that there was no horse to act as a secondary intelligence guiding the vehicle and that human minds can't be trust with cars, now we are seeing people panicking over self driving cars (another inevitable and morally unavoidable tech) about how only human minds can control cars!!!

50 years from now the electric vehicle might finally become a viable option.

Comment

Sure I gotta charge it for at least 30 min maybe 4 hrs every 250 miles, but muh 0-60 time man! The tech just isn't quite there for everyone's use case matter how much the disciples tout electric. When it is, we'll see the market change just like the car put an end to the use of horses. The difference is, if you want you can still own a horse, what you gonna do when you can't drive your evil v8 around?

Comment

I suspect there will be tracks where folks can drive their gas burners around for fun.

Itll be like folks do with horses now
                              The analogy of the shift from horses to cars doesn't hold up. The difference between horses and cars is speed and fuel. When cars first came around, they could travel much further, faster, and didn't need to eat and drink constantly like a horse. They just needed some black gold from inside the earth to work, and work as hard and as often as you needed them to. That is why cars became the norm so quick.

Now to go from gas cars to electric cars, its just a change in the means of propulsion inside the same vehicle. In other words, electricity isn't revolutionizing anything. Look at the fastest cars in the world right now. All hydrocarbon powered.

Comment

Yup. They are almost autonomous now. My wife and I drove a new explorer the other day.

The active cruise was cool, the lane assist was a PITA but it can be disabled. But the **** thing will park itself perfectly centered in the spot left/right/front/back. [emoji15]

Comment

Working...
                                X