Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

metal storage container for a deer camp cabin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

metal storage container for a deer camp cabin?

My hunting buddy and I have been kicking around the idea of converting a cargo container into a bunk house. It seems that it may (or may not?) be less expensive than a framed conventional shed/cabin?
    Any thoughts or suggestions? Right now I use my 26ft RV but its becoming a hassle to haul it back and forth to the lease.
    Thanks in advance
    Paul

I saw some really nice converted ones at the hunters extravaganza some years back. Were really bad arse. Some friends of mine have a reefer trailer as a bird camp cabin in south Texas that turned out pretty nice. When you close the doors it gets really dark and cold. Not hard to sleep in it.

Comment

I would love to go this route, there are so many options. You could even use it to store an atv if you don't mind the gas fumes every time you arrive at camp for the weekend. I bet it would take a hell of an amount of hail damage too.

Comment

Originally posted by Swamplizard79 View Post
        I would love to go this route, there are so many options. You could even use it to store an atv if you don't mind the gas fumes every time you arrive at camp for the weekend. I bet it would take a hell of an amount of hail damage too.
        This was an option I have seen talked about too. Have a Storage space inside the double doors and then a wall with the entry door. I thought it was a pretty good idea. We priced some at work for offices and a 20ft was around $2500 delivered. Pretty dang good price I think.

Comment

Good poop.. Just wondering if by the time you insulated it, put a floor and paneling, etc.
          if it would be that much cheaper?
          I do like the idea of leaving your 4-wheeler and equip. in it as well.
          Thanks

Comment

I think the TBH bossman built one a few years back...

Comment

I was talking to a man that is in the business of renting converted sea containers. He told me that a long one that is divided for office/storage is selling for up to $12k. I have one at work that is wired, ac, paneled, two windows, heavy door with deadbolt lock that I need to sell as our construction job is finished. Pm me if interested as I will soon advertise it for sale.

Comment

Thanks but I can tell that would be out of our price range. We wanted to buy a plain one and finish over time
                Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                X