2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
    I haven’t heard. Planning to go to POC as well. In for replies. Wonder what’s up with 2cool?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by rvd View Post
    Taking some friends from Utah to POC this weekend, anyone hearing any reports of success on reds at the jetties?

On another note, got on 2cool this morning and it sounds like people are leaving there for another fishing forum, anyone know the story?

I will be heading that way tomorrow. Mine is more of a work trip but I do plan to fish before the next front blows in.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not sure on the "why" on 2Cool other than the new owners don't appear to be responsive to some site maintenance issues, so the founder "Mont" created a new site where about everyone has gone... www.dosfrio.com (spos'd ta be mesican for "2 cool" or something like that).

Brazos Hunter, I would love to tag along sometime! I'm starting to concentrate on my new South Texas lease right now, but come spring, it's ON! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        Not sure on the "why" on 2Cool other than the new owners don't appear to be responsive to some site maintenance issues, so the founder "Mont" created a new site where about everyone has gone... www.dosfrio.com (spos'd ta be mesican for "2 cool" or something like that).

Brazos Hunter, I would love to tag along sometime! I'm starting to concentrate on my new South Texas lease right now, but come spring, it's ON! Thanks!
        Gotcha, thanks for the info.

You fellas that will be down this week I'll be the baldie in the light blue Andros "ohana", give us a wave.

Comment

I quit going to 2cool after all the add junk. May have to check the new gig out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

A week ago - 50 hour Port Aransas.

A pile of TBH'ers

Hooked 10 and decked 4 - casting topwaters. Some fish caught via chunk, live bait and or jig.

Muscles are still a bit sore - A real solid trip!

Grouper (various)
            Blackfin Tuna
            Yellowfin Tuna
            Barrelfish
            Almaco Jack
            Barracuda
            Dorado
            Vermillion Snapper
            King Mackerel

Deep drop Barrelfish - 900ft down

Deep drop Almaco Jack - 900ft down

Last edited by AtTheWall; 11-16-2018, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Wow thats ol buddy Chuck Giamari I believe in those photo's??

Comment

Oh MY!! What a haul!! I gotta do this!! Doug called me to bring over some fresh tuna, but I was in Laredo!! That's OK... frozen is just fine! Makes slicing those thick steaks easier anyway!!

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                  Wow thats ol buddy Chuck Giamari I believe in those photo's??
                  Yes it is, old Chuck Giamari / Kilo99 here.

Comment

Had a great day today in matagorda. Caught limits and most of the trout were over 20. The one I’m holding was 26 and was let go. Had a great time with great friends
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice job. That looks like a ton of fun.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                        Oh MY!! What a haul!! I gotta do this!! Doug called me to bring over some fresh tuna, but I was in Laredo!! That's OK... frozen is just fine! Makes slicing those thick steaks easier anyway!!
                        Whenever your ready Charlie, its waiting on you!

Comment

Finally found the Florida Pompano window yesterday! With the Gulf waters on a quick cool down, the window for South Texas surf run Pompano is getting kind of tight. Hard to predict if we can maintain the correct water temps in the surf for this excellent eating fish, as winter's vice tightens.

I'm grill/smoking a pile today! One of the best eating fish on the planet!

Excellent day along Padre Island National Seashore. Caught so darn many Bull Whiting and released an excellent eating size Black drum.

I have a lot of offshore filets in the freezer, but I needed my annual fresh Pompano fix. Mission complete!

Built double drop leaders with flouro standoffs - colored leader floats and Crab flavored Fishbites

Casts around 120 yards were in the Pompano zone yesterday.

Caught a total of 17 Pompano and boxed 15 Pomps for the ride home

The Dog and I found a section of sand where we were alone - no one North or South of me. Made a rip current setup just to the North of the outflow. Gulf current was moving South to North, so any rip current flow over (stuff Pomps like to eat) was on that side of the rip. Dialed it in perfectly and had a stellar Pompano day when it wasn't so stellar, up and down the strand.

My 13ft Pompano gun! "A Wrong Pond Rods" custom surf rod built on a Carolina Cast Pro blank. Daiwa 7HT Millionaire Tournament reel with 16lb Sakima Nite Crystal line and a JAK Associates - 40lb test Flouro wind-on. 4 ounces of lead.

And a 12ft "Wrong Pond Rods" custom. Built on a Carolina Cast Pro blank, lower section is 22mm straight the upper portion (2 piece) is the gearbox for casting. Reel is an Akios 666 "The Best" Shuttle with 16lb test Sakuma Nite Crystal line and a JAK Associates 50lb test Flouro wind-on leader. Double drop flourocarbon - with colored floats, Owner #4 circles and Crab Fishbites. 4 ounces of lead.

Good eating sized Black Drum - released it. Focus was Pompano.

Also used a 10ft Batson Rainshadow "Wrong Pond Rods" custom, with a LEXA 400 casting reel. Spooled with 50 lb PowerPro Maxcuatro and topped with a JAK Associates Flouro wind-on in 40lb class. 3 ounces of lead with double drop flouro hand made leaders with floats and Fishbites.

Last edited by AtTheWall; 11-18-2018, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
                            Whenever your ready Charlie, its waiting on you!
                            Soon as I get back from my T'giving hunting trip!!

Comment

Beautiful fish.

Comment

Saturday PINS

Comment

Working...
                                X