Maybe we'll get Cabela's back....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe we'll get Cabela's back....

A bunch of ex-Cabela's employees from Sydney, NB have started a new outdoor products business. They're headed up by Matt Highby, formerly Cabela’s optics and cutlery category manager and son of former Cabela’s President, Dennis Highby.

BassPro is gradually turning Cabela's into just another BPS. I miss the original Cabela's. Hopefully, Highby can get something similar going. Right now, it's online sales only, and the website is kinda clunky though. Just a couple days old though. I'm rooting for them.

Good for them. Cabela's just isn't the same. Being competitors is what made them both IMO. Now they don't have to compete and I don't like either one as good as before.

Comment

Good to see Bass Pro’s lawsuit injunction was denied.

Comment

In

Comment

I'm surprised that BP didn't have all the Cabela folks sign a non-compete clause.

More power to them. BP has ruined one of my favorite stores.

Comment

Competition is good. I always favored Cabelas over Basspro. Maybe based more on waterfowl hunting stuff. Wasnt a fan once they merged them. They also implemented a Basspro customer service approach which is not near as good as Cabelas.

Comment

I hope they do well, but they need to hire a good web developer, graphic designer, and lifestyle photographer pronto

Comment

Cabelas was a great place. I'd love to see it back in Original form.

Comment

Originally posted by Bort View Post
                  I hope they do well, but they need to hire a good web developer, graphic designer, and lifestyle photographer pronto
                  Yep. That website, which is their entire business right now, isn't very good.

Comment

Screw Bass Pro. I hope these new guys can fill the void left behind by the old Cabela's.

Comment

I live about 10 to 15 miles from bass pro and Cabela’s and I haven’t noticed a big change in either since the merger. Cabela’s seems to carry the better products over bass pro for ammo, guns, safes, gun library, used guns, rods(falcon), and just gun stuff in general.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Same here.
                        Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                        I'm surprised that BP didn't have all the Cabela folks sign a non-compete clause.

More power to them. BP has ruined one of my favorite stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                          Yep. That website, which is their entire business right now, isn't very good.

Yep they are not off to a good start. Oh well

Comment

Well now there is new contender in the South.

Scheels sporting goods is under construction at the Grandscape development in The Colony. We are on this site and man its huge!

Visit SCHEELS.com and shop sporting goods, clothing, hunting and fishing gear, and more. We’re dedicated to offering you the best retail experience! SCHEELS

Comment

I have 3 daughters that all hunt. After the merge the women's hunting clothes were reduced by about 90% when compared to the old Cabelas. I would love to see the old Cabelas back.

-john

Comment

Working...
                              X