Best bang for my buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best bang for my buck

Wanting to buy an AR-15 but not wanting to spend a ton as it may not get used a ton. Maybe looking to spend between $500-750. What is the best route to go?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

On my opinion one of the best “bang for your buck” are Palmetto State Armory guns. Sign up for their daily e-mails (they will wear you out!) and you will soon be able to know what
    You want and what a good deal is. For $750 you will probably be able to pick up a complete gun plus one of their common deals which is 6 Pmags and 1000 rounds of ammo.

Jason

Comment

^^^^
      Yup. Palmetto state Armory is a pretty good bang for your buck. I’ve got a few of their builds and never had an issue

Comment

DPMS at Academy

Comment

Ruger AR-556. I put a free-float handguard on mine and it shoots Sub-MOA with Hornady Soft points. I’ve never had a single reliability issue with over 1000 rounds through it either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Diamondback DB15 from academy.

Comment

If you can stretch your budget a little, this is about as good as you can get at any price point.

https://www.gunsinc.com/products/rif...289020604-2598

Other guys mentioned good options as well.

Comment

Build one how you like it. It is not hard at all and if you watch for deals, you can build a nicer rifle for cheaper than you can buy one.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
                  On my opinion one of the best “bang for your buck” are Palmetto State Armory guns. Sign up for their daily e-mails (they will wear you out!) and you will soon be able to know what
                  You want and what a good deal is. For $750 you will probably be able to pick up a complete gun plus one of their common deals which is 6 Pmags and 1000 rounds of ammo.

Jason
                  This ^^^^^ or build your own. I have built some good serviceable hunting ARs for less than 400.00 in the last few months.

Comment

Radical firearms is running a good deal on stuff. Built Houston with lifetime warranty. This one is 599.99 ad it to your cart 399.99

Comment

PSA. My last build was from them and my next will be also. As stated previously watch their daily deals. I also have a friend who bought a blemished lower and had no issues with it. I couldn’t find a blemish on it.

Comment

I just can’t make myself buy the cheap ones.

There are shortcuts being taken somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                          Build one how you like it. It is not hard at all and if you watch for deals, you can build a nicer rifle for cheaper than you can buy one.

I would generally agree with you, but if you’re just planning on getting one basic AR, I don’t think it’s worth buying the tools needed to build one.

If you’re in the same case as I was in, and going to eventually build several rifles, or a little higher quality one, then it’s definitely worth it to acquire the tools. Even better, a friend or someone on here might let you borrow the tools.

With that being said, if you do acquire the tools, building is definitely the way to go. You’ll end up a rifle that’s exactly the way you want and don’t have to deal with replacing the parts you don’t like on a factory rifle. Be careful though, it’s addicting. [emoji1]

Comment

Grab a gun in Irving also has some really good deals

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              I just can’t make myself buy the cheap ones.

There are shortcuts being taken somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Best advice here. Save the funds for quality components and put it together yourself or spend the extra money on a higher end rifle

Comment

Working...
                              X