Native Titan 13.5 Propel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Native Titan 13.5 Propel

Been wanting a SoloSkiff or a kayak for a little bit. Stopped at a shop in North Richlands Hills on Saturday to see what they got. Got to look at a SoloSkiff and a Titan 13.5 Propel, they didn’t have any Nucanoe in stock. Really like the Solo but leaning towards the Titan. Does anybody own this Kayak and what can you tell me about it. I am a newbie at the kayak thing and a big guy so wanting something that will work for me.

Suggestions and opinions welcomed.

I don't own a Titan but do own a Mariner Propel and a Slayer Propel. I fish out of them a bunch and can't even imagine going back to a paddle. Simple, non tiring way to move along, leaving your arms free to cast and fish. I think you will like them.

Comment

Don’t know alot about them either, but iam looking at the titan 13.5 also, lizard lick. Hard to drop that much coin though.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
        Don’t know alot about them either, but iam looking at the titan 13.5 also, lizard lick. Hard to drop that much coin though.
        That’s my same problem. I can get the soloskiff for less $ even after buying a motor for it. The exercise with the propel I think would be a big benefit for me.

Comment

How far can you drag the skiff with the motor to get to that out of the way place? At least with the kayak they have carts you can use to help get it around.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
            How far can you drag the skiff with the motor to get to that out of the way place? At least with the kayak they have carts you can use to help get it around.
            Seen carts built for the skiffs but I understand what your saying. I could pick up the end with the motor on it. Was told just over 200#’s with motor on the skiff. About 90-100#’s on the yak. Right now no problem to move either, but 5 yrs down the road might be a different story. I like the kayak better.

Comment

I've been looking a lot as well. Decided to go with an Outback or Titan. The propel is proven, bulletproof drive. It seems to be quieter and better quality than the Jackson. But the Titan is a big SOB. I'm currently leaning towards a used Outback.
              I got a buddy on here who supposedly just ordered a Stick boat. I don't believe him, but if he did, I will let you know how it goes.

Comment

There are usually some good deals on Natives on the Texas Fishing Forum. That is where I bought both mine from and at about a third the price of new.

Comment

I don’t have that kayak, I fish out of an old hobie outback, but I was going to say check out Texas kayak fisherman forum if you haven’t already. Good info and that’s where I bought mine.

Comment

Never pedaled a Titan, but had a Slayer Propel, so I am familiar with the Propel Drive. Good boat, but ultimately found a deal on a Old Town Predator PDL. For me it was a noticeable improvement in stability, and tracking (not a fan of the Propel's rudder setup.) Plus, I believe that the Predator drive has a better warranty (5 years vs. 2 years on the Propel.) Something to think about; The Predator PDL weighs about 120 pounds and has a capacity of 500 pounds. The Titan weighs 178 pounds and has a 550 pound capacity.

cricman

Comment

Originally posted by cricman View Post
                      Never pedaled a Titan, but had a Slayer Propel, so I am familiar with the Propel Drive. Good boat, but ultimately found a deal on a Old Town Predator PDL. For me it was a noticeable improvement in stability, and tracking (not a fan of the Propel's rudder setup.) Plus, I believe that the Predator drive has a better warranty (5 years vs. 2 years on the Propel.) Something to think about; The Predator PDL weighs about 120 pounds and has a capacity of 500 pounds. The Titan weighs 178 pounds and has a 550 pound capacity.

cricman
                      Thanks
                      I will take a look at them.

Comment

Working...
                      X