Looking for a bison hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a bison hunt

My wife recently decided that she wants to find a buffalo hunt, high fence of course. Looking for a decent hunt that doesn’t break the bank. Not looking for any record book animals but she would like to kill a decent bull. Has anyone been, any recommendations?

Diamond c has them for 3k

That’s just the first place I thought of

Comment

Tatonka Creek has them, but I’m pretty sure you could ride one with how lazy they are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome. She’s never killed anything other than whitetail and pigs. I’m trying to convince her to start with something a little smaller like a nice axis or fallow but I’m not having any luck

Comment

The Bison Ranch in North Dakota offers a fun hunt. But, I think they're all booked up for 2018. That's where I got the bison in my avatar.

The Bison Ranch offers bison hunting, waterfowl hunting, whitetail deer hunting, and other guiding and outfitter services on the North Dakota prairie since 1997

Comment

Originally posted by heath0624 View Post
            Awesome. She’s never killed anything other than whitetail and pigs. I’m trying to convince her to start with something a little smaller like a nice axis or fallow but I’m not having any luck
            Smart lady, Most iconic species in North America!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
              The Bison Ranch in North Dakota offers a fun hunt. But, I think they're all booked up for 2018. That's where I got the bison in my avatar.

https://www.thebisonranch.com/
              How many pounds of meat do you end up with?

Comment

Originally posted by deerwatcher51 View Post
                How many pounds of meat do you end up with?
                I wound up with about 350 lbs of meat.

The carcass weight will be about 60% of the live weight. Meat yield will be about 60% of carcass weight. So, a 1000 lb bison X 60% = 600 lb carcass X 60 % = a meat yield of 360 lbs.
                Last edited by Phillip Fields; 09-25-2018, 06:22 PM.

Comment

We have some. You can text me 361-227-2005

Comment

Working...
                  X