BowhunterHaven-Nebraska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BowhunterHaven-Nebraska

Just got back. I've hunted a lotta day hunts since I retired 12 years ago. This is maybe the best. Gary, the landowner-Outfitter, really wants every hunter to kill a good deer. His attitude is to show the place, show you the stands,and let you decide where you want to hunt. If you want to bring a stand or two, that is fine, too. If you ask him where is the best place, he won't say. "they could be anywhere", he will say. Very True. Lotta Good Deer. This place is right along the River. Gary is retired and only does three deer hunts a year, five days, four hunter each time. Great accommadations. He has a farm house that he has restored. Gary has built a new pump house he calls it. It is really another complete bathroom. Gary also does a few turkey hunts in the Spring. I saw more Tom Turkeys on this hunt than I have ever saw on a Ranch in my life. I bought this hunt at the LSBA Banquet in Conroe last June. Ronny and Tomme and a few others had been to this place before. I had heard good things on it. I was really excited about bidding on/ buying this hunt. Iwas not disappointed. Gary cooks every meal for us. I'm talking GREAT meals, breakfast and Supper. Streak, Pork Chops, etc. Yea, I gained several pounds while I was there.

I want go into the pricing. But I will tell you that it is cheap.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm not making anything or getting any cuts on this hunt(Yea, I'm going back), so if I can answer any questions, let me know.

Thanks
    Ronnie
    Rsatt
    Last edited by Rsatt; 10-03-2009, 06:17 PM.

I guess you didn't kill anything either.
    I agree with pretty much everything you said but I didn't see that many stands set up for bowhunting. One guy bow hunted out of a box blind and I sat in the corner of a big food plot a few times in a stand that was built for gun hunting. I seen a few small bucks (125 to 135) but everything was out of range. Gary can cook alright and is a great guy. That was 2 years ago and yes there were some monsters being seen but the bowhunting was tough. I know a guy that has been 2 years in a row (no kill) and still wants to go back so he must be doing something right.
    I had a great time there and would go back but it will be right before the rut kicks in or I'm out.
    I went to another outfitter about 30 minutes from there last year and smoked a 146 9-point the second morning. Pretty much the same atmosphere with a few more nice deer being shot at and the price was better as well.
    Not trying to say Haven is not a great place but to me on a scale of 1 to 5 I'll say 3.5
    Good luck.

Comment

Ronnie, sounds like you enjoyed the adventure for sure.... What is the licensing like??

Comment

Glad you had a great time Ronnie!

Comment

Glad you had a great time Ronnie. I'll be up there in 2 weeks for the 5th year in a row.

Comment

Two Bucks taken in the last two years!!

Tomme's Buck
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Tomme buck.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	23903138

My Buck
            Click image for larger version

Name:	nebraska Buck 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	23903139

I will be back in a week!!
            Seen bigger bucks every trip!
            It's bowhunting!!

Comment

Nice bucks! Taken at Bowhunters Haven?

Comment

what part of nebraska are yall hunting???

Comment

Working...
                X