Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crystal Creek or Chambers Ranch any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crystal Creek or Chambers Ranch any good?

just wondering if I could get some feedback on these ranches from anyone. Info like deer taken, good lease, etc.

frinds from churce hunt up real cose, they advised weds night while at church they have some of everything ,big deer,hogs and a good varmint population, they love it, i hope you have the same luck...good luck,hope you get a granddady,

Comment

Chambers Ranch as always been good for me, took several doe, hogs and a nice 9 point in the last few years. its not an easy hunt tho.

Comment

so what makes the hunt difficult? I saw another post from someone saying that the deer are skiddish over there?

Comment

Hunted both places and will be going back. I would recommend either.

Comment

these deer are hunted hard and have seen it all..you have got to be hid and play the wind perfect and then pray alot

Comment

haha I will bring my rosary if I head out there.

Comment

I am going to Crystal Creek in December so I hope it is a good place.

Comment

I will be going back to Crystal creek for the 3rd time oct22. Great place nice lodging and a nice lake to fish. There are plenty of animals but they are smart as stated above you have to hide good and play the wind. The last time we were there out of 10 hunters we had 8 kills and the turkeys were a major pain in butt.

Comment

No. No. No
                    For me this ranch was the worst of ever.
                    I believe Crystal Creek is OK, avoid other ranches it was HORRIBLE for us

Comment

agree.
                      besides lack of information and guiding locally, we were sent to places that had zero animal habitat... never again

Comment

Originally posted by Hoyt Man View Post
                        I will be going back to Crystal creek for the 3rd time oct22. Great place nice lodging and a nice lake to fish. There are plenty of animals but they are smart as stated above you have to hide good and play the wind. The last time we were there out of 10 hunters we had 8 kills and the turkeys were a major pain in butt.
                        lucky U.
                        We had manager guy was found nowhere for hours when we got there. Then was actually zero information about the how to and where to go. He was quiet and not welcoming. When you go for 2 days and u did no scouting before we bowhunters would need some beneficial instructions, well we had NONE. The cabin was next to agricultural junkyard and half taken apart trucks. We knew nothing about coller, freezer, who cleans animal, services, etc. Simply was bad.
                        Bowhunting for me is 70% about the setup, if U lack that one, might as well just sit anywhere and take your best novel... For 250$/day the service on the ranch we went was VERY WEAK. Mesquite Bowhunting in Pearsall was 200% better also Brushy hill in SAbinal for 140$ a day and they tell you that you are on your own and we don`t expect anything. In this Chambers ranch it was VERY confusing. U pay for some service and instructions but they expect that you are on your own. It was really hopeless for us, loosing 500$/person for the 2 days and mostly loosing 2 precious days from other stuff...
                        We read good reviews before so we are very disappointed experiencing otherwise.
                        Hungry and injured dogs without help, not known ranch boundaries, etc. I try to forget the whole thing, its not easy.
                        We won`t be back there, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by diamondstud254 View Post
                          so what makes the hunt difficult? I saw another post from someone saying that the deer are skiddish over there?
                          very skiddish but with good setup u can be OK.
                          Somebody was referring to doe habitat, I wonder how, since does are not allowed to hunt, maybe he got special deal

Comment

Originally posted by diamondstud254 View Post
                            just wondering if I could get some feedback on these ranches from anyone. Info like deer taken, good lease, etc.
                            i heard crystal creek is Ok, insist on that ranch only, the other 2 especially the one in SAbinal Tyler street is sucks, although saw huge axis bucks, the local setup is not good.
                            "Guide" does not even know where stands were or he did not wanna know... and horseback riding all day when u supposed to hunt... well u tell me ...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyB View Post
                              lucky U.
                              We had manager guy was found nowhere for hours when we got there. Then was actually zero information about the how to and where to go. He was quiet and not welcoming. When you go for 2 days and u did no scouting before we bowhunters would need some beneficial instructions, well we had NONE. The cabin was next to agricultural junkyard and half taken apart trucks. We knew nothing about coller, freezer, who cleans animal, services, etc. Simply was bad.
                              Bowhunting for me is 70% about the setup, if U lack that one, might as well just sit anywhere and take your best novel... For 250$/day the service on the ranch we went was VERY WEAK. Mesquite Bowhunting in Pearsall was 200% better also Brushy hill in SAbinal for 140$ a day and they tell you that you are on your own and we don`t expect anything. In this Chambers ranch it was VERY confusing. U pay for some service and instructions but they expect that you are on your own. It was really hopeless for us, loosing 500$/person for the 2 days and mostly loosing 2 precious days from other stuff...
                              We read good reviews before so we are very disappointed experiencing otherwise.
                              Hungry and injured dogs without help, not known ranch boundaries, etc. I try to forget the whole thing, its not easy.
                              We won`t be back there, sorry.
                              I know the ranch you are talking about Maurice's stepson runs this place and if I ever go there again he will get a arsewhipping. Crystal creek is a good place to hunt and Scooter is a good guide I have never been to the main Chambers ranch just CC and the one that Maurices step son runs

Comment

Working...
                              X