No announcement yet.

Darton & Stan R Were Right!!!!! Pic Heavy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As usual I am late to the party, but hey I made it! I am very happy for both you and Will! As always great write up, just like being there in person Can't wait for all of the future successes and follow on adventures

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
      As usual I am late to the party, but hey I made it! I am very happy for both you and Will! As always great write up, just like being there in person Can't wait for all of the future successes and follow on adventures

Thanks again! Will references your putting out the rice bran in his post shot interview so you may make it into the video. [emoji12]

Will had Mom print out his picture so he could take it to school today. He is a 5th grader.

He quickly learned that there are differing opinions about hunting even in elementary school. He reported that some kids said, “cool!!!” when shown the photo and were asking about the gun and the deer while others asked him why he killed an “innocent animal that had done nothing to him.”. Great learning experience! When I asked him how he responded he said he told the critics “because that’s why the deer were put here.”. BOOM!!!

Sometimes you wonder if your kids listen to you over the years...and this is proof he was. I didn’t coach him up on this so he actually absorbed some of what we’ve discussed as a family around the table over the years.

This is a gift that keeps on giving.

God is good.

Micah

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
        Thanks again! Will references your putting out the rice bran in his post shot interview so you may make it into the video. [emoji12]

Will had Mom print out his picture so he could take it to school today. He is a 5th grader.

He quickly learned that there are differing opinions about hunting even in elementary school. He reported that some kids said, “cool!!!” when shown the photo and were asking about the gun and the deer while others asked him why he killed an “innocent animal that had done nothing to him.”. Great learning experience! When I asked him how he responded he said he told the critics “because that’s why the deer were put here.”. BOOM!!!

Sometimes you wonder if your kids listen to you over the years...and this is proof he was. I didn’t coach him up on this so he actually absorbed some of what we’ve discussed as a family around the table over the years.

This is a gift that keeps on giving.

God is good.

Micah
        That's awesome!

Comment

Great times. I enjoyed the story. Good job Dad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Doing right, from start to finish............

Congrats.
            Rwc

Comment

Man that read put a smile on my face, so happy for y'all, what a great experience in all aspects!

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
                Man that read put a smile on my face, so happy for y'all, what a great experience in all aspects!

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                That's awesome!

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                Doing right, from start to finish............

Congrats.
                Rwc

Originally posted by Iamhooked View Post
                Great times. I enjoyed the story. Good job Dad.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Thanks, Gents!

It’s been a fun journey so far!

Comment

When's the next hunt, Micah?

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                    When's the next hunt, Micah?

We will be up the weekend of Thanksgiving. Both my daughter and son will be hunting for horns. They have a friendly (sometimes not so friendly) competition going on. Fun times!

Until then I am locked down finishing school. Graduation is little over a month away and can’t get here fast enough. After that we will be making up for a lot of lost hunting over the last two years by getting back into more filming....but now with the kids pulling the trigger.

How about you? When is the next sit?

Comment

Awesome! My brother and I still have our rival going. Ever since I started killing bigger bucks than him he doesn't call from October - mid January! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Booner Sooner View Post
                        We will be up the weekend of Thanksgiving. Both my daughter and son will be hunting for horns. They have a friendly (sometimes not so friendly) competition going on. Fun times!

Until then I am locked down finishing school. Graduation is little over a month away and can’t get here fast enough. After that we will be making up for a lot of lost hunting over the last two years by getting back into more filming....but now with the kids pulling the trigger.

How about you? When is the next sit?

Not sure yet. Went out to our place this past Sunday. Got some good bucks on cam, neighbors cows got out onto my place, had a trespasser on 10/15 walking my place with a rifle and full camo. Probably go back in a couple weekends. I updated my thread as well with some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

With temps in the mid 20’s projected I made a quick run up yesterday to winterize the cabin and turn the light on inside my water booster pump enclosure to keep it thawed. While I was there I cycled the cams and updated the feeding times on the feeders so our guests will consistently have food served up during daylight hours. I also dumped some rice bran in front of a camera to see if we have mystery guests lurking.

The food plots are still doing great and they are being utilized.

Main Plot:

Kill Plot:

Once this guy starts showing up in these same places during daylight hours we will be in business.

We will be back up for Thanksgiving with the goal of getting my son and daughter both on a buck.
                          Last edited by Booner Sooner; 11-10-2018, 11:32 PM.

Comment

My son has asked if we can bring his blind from Push county up to our new place. We now have that on the agenda for next spring. Brings back some memories.

Here are the threads:

Comment

Man, he sure has grown since that project! Good times ahead

Comment

Originally posted by Darton View Post
                                Man, he sure has grown since that project! Good times ahead
                                Is he looking to build another?

Comment

Working...
                                X