Range finder question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Range finder question

I've got a Bushnell yardage pro that is giving me readings that are 5 yards off, consistently. It's only started doing this recently- up until a week ago it was spot on. Is there a way to fix it myself? It was given to me, and I don't have the instruction manual, or know if this is even fixable. Our clubs last 3D shoot for the year is this weekend, and while I can use it and subtract the difference, I really don't want to risk forgetting to do it.

Don't know. Just got my first one. Following

Comment

I'm not really sure either, I went all out and got the Bushnell Arc 1000 Scout and it is flawless. But I do know that a lot of Bushnell's products that are on the cheaper end are not very good. I've had a cheap pair of their binoculars that gave me a headache looking through. You can look online and see if there is a way to calibrate it.

Comment

I just got the Arc 1000 as birthday present a few weeks ago as well. Haven't really got to put it to use yet, but I have heard and read a lot of good things about it so I'm really anxious to try it out.

Comment

I have a wild game halo that's worked well for a few years. My cousin tells me it's off according to what his Leica says. Been thinking of getting the arc scout 1000 though

Comment

I'm curious also

Comment

Google the owners manual.

Comment

I've had that problem once and fresh batteries fixed mine. It wouldn't even read for more than 100 yards. I won't promise it will fix it but I will say its worth a try.

Comment

Send back

Originally posted by CamoQuest View Post
                  I've got a Bushnell yardage pro that is giving me readings that are 5 yards off, consistently. It's only started doing this recently- up until a week ago it was spot on. Is there a way to fix it myself? It was given to me, and I don't have the instruction manual, or know if this is even fixable. Our clubs last 3D shoot for the year is this weekend, and while I can use it and subtract the difference, I really don't want to risk forgetting to do it.
                  Call bushnell and see if they do repairs. I think they do. Maybe replace battery. My battery was going out in mine and gave me inaccurate readings of about 6 yards. Once I replaced the battery it's been a straight shooter ever since. Other than that either compensate for yardage or replace.

Comment

Ditto on the fresh battery advice.

Lots of things can interfere with rangefinder accuracy. Take at least three readings of the same target object and see if they agree. Sometimes you'll get quite an error spread. The readings that come up the most often at the same target are the ones I go with.

Comment

Do what Leo said ^^^. At least three readings. Color of target can sometimes make a difference too. Darker targets tend to read slightly further that bright targets do. And bright targets pick up easier at longer distances than dark targets.

I got a Leupold when they first came out, and noticed at 3-D shoots, it reads a little longer than other people's Nikons. By 3 yards longer at 35 yards than other peeps rangers. And more so at longer distances. But my bow(s) are sighted to my range finder, and not other people's range finders. That way, I know I'm gonna hit what my bows are sighted in for when I use my range finder.

Comment

Let us know if there's a fix...I've questioned my Nikon a couple of times

Comment

I'll change the batteries and see if that fixes it. If not, I'll call Bushnell tomorrow and see what they have to say. I'm familiar with the variances in readings depending on what color something is, but this is definitely off 5 yards, no matter what I aim it at. And it only started doing this recently. I used it today durning a 3D shoot, but also double checked it with another group member's, just to be sure. My fear was that I'd get tired halfway through the course, and hot, and forget that it was off. It's bad enough to do that on foam, but I'd be sick if it happened on an animal.

Comment

Sounds like you need fresh batteries. Let us know what you find out.

Comment

Working...
                            X