Red River county Doe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red River county Doe

Because of all the rain we have been getting it has made it difficult to hunt as most of our lease is flooded. I only had one stand I could get too, so I didn't have to think much about it. At 6:20 this mature doe steps out and gives me a near perfect broadside shot. I waited 15 minutes and then got down to find my arrow sticking in the ground. Everything looked good, but no blood on the ground. I only found blood one time, but water was every where, so tracking was next to impossible. I looked until it got dark and decided I would come back the next morning and see if I could find her. The next morning I looked and looked, but could not find any sign of a deer. Just about when I was ready to give up, I felt like the Lord spoke to me to look the opposite direction that I had been looking. I walked about 50 yards and there she was. She hadn't ran about 60 yards and piled up. You would think she would have been easy to find no futher than she ran, but I hunt in a briar thicket. This is typical northeast Texas hunting. It is hard to bow hunt, but it is rewarding when it comes together. I was using my Mathews LX and using a 100 grain 4 blade Muzzy. Check out the hole this Muzzy made.
    Attached Files

Congrats... Love me some Muzzy's. I shoot the 3 blade 100gr. and love them.

Comment

Congrats on the doe.

Comment

Looks yummy! Congrats

Comment

Congrats on the doe.

Comment

Congrats on the Doe!

Comment

very nice, congrats

Comment

Congrats!