David Hughes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David Hughes

Many of you know David Hughes, some much longer than me. The boys and I were first introduced to David just over a year ago; even though he only lives about 15 miles from us. David is a many time World Champion in NFAA and has been a great mentor and teacher for us. He has been an even better friend.
    Most of you that know David also know that he has been battling cancer for some time now. The reason for my post tonight is to inform you that the cancer is taking its toll on David. Only God knows, but it appears that David's time with us is short. David can no longer talk, and is becoming very weak, but I believe that he still loves to hear from his archery friends. For those of you that want to, it would be a good idea to contact him soon. You can call Donna and she will tell David what you want to say.
    Please pray for David as well.
    Thanks,
    Phil

That is a shame. Hunted with him many years ago South of San Antonio. Prayers to him and his family.

Comment

I learned alot from him in just a couple of hrs at the indoor range. Sure hate to hear it.

Comment

David is a really good man, and great archer.
        Prayers sent for him.

Comment

Gees, cancer is hell on earth for sure, I hope somehow for a miracle and some new expermental free drug trial for him, what stage is he in??? I am typing this from the UT San Antion Cancer center tonite waiting to hear in the morning if they can save my leg, I have multiple Myeloma stage 3 but was in remission but just got back on an expertmental free cancer drug trail up here in San antonio, I pray ever night for those worse off than me and there freinds, caretakers, there hunting lease pards, and of course freinds, to hell with cancer for sure!!! May a posse of cammoed angels show up soon to guide, stregthen, pray and heal him as soon as possible and send comfort and hope to all of his freinds and family.

Comment

Prayers sent for him.
            I LOVE YOU David get well soon.we will pray for you all the way.Your frend George.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks George for all the pictures, I believe that I was at every shoot that you showed pictures of with him.

He "adopted" me as a daughter when he found out my last name was Hughes. He an Donna are very special folks, and he is one hell of a shooter.

God Bless to Donna and David Hughes.

Comment

Prayers sent for David and his family.

Comment

wow this is weird, i too know a guy named david hughes, he owns Hughes racing...anyways.. prayers sent up

Comment

David is a great guy. He always had something incouraging to say to me when ever I met him at a tournament. His passing will be a great loss to the World and to Archery. Prayers sent.

Robert

Comment

Prayers sent for you and your family David. God bless you .

Comment

I will come back David
                        Attached Files

Comment

God Bless You David.

Comment

I want to sincerly say Thanks to all of the thoughts and prayers sent to David & Donna. I have seen David nearly every day since I first posted this last week. David is slowly progressing on his journey home. David is secure in his faith and is ready for the pain to end. Many of you may have known David in some of his wilder days, and he made no excuses about those days, but he also asked for forgivness and was granted it by his loving God.
                            David has not had anything to eat (he simply can't with the progression of his throat cancer) and very little to drink in the last several days. He is heavly sedated. His hospice nurse indicated that with his deteriorating condition he would probably will pass by the end of this week. Please keep David in your prayers; for comfort and peace during this time.
                            David is still responsive (briefly) when the boys or I speak to him. He tries to smile, and is able to slightly move his mouth to say he loves us. I have told him that the archery community is thinking and praying for him and he responds to this. He is thankful! I will see him tomorrow evening, and then I will have to be out of town the remainder of the week (back late Friday night). I will try to keep everyone up to date.

THANKS to everyone for thinking about David. He is a wonderful man and archer.
                            Phil

Comment

More Prayers sent for David and Donna.

Comment

Working...
                              X