Big shoot in Austin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
    Not sure...but it is comforting to know there are some 'others' involved in this now.

Personally, I would love to see this and other shoots like CCR become huge successes.

I think it's great for the Janes and Joes to have a shot at winning decent prize money as well as the "Pros". And the fact they happen to attract decent sponsors AND are located in Texas is a bonus... I mean, it certainly beats traveling halfway across the country to shoot for peanuts.
    X2 I for 1 am all for doing away with all the archery shoots that dont pay big $. If they would all get the sponsers to add $ to the payouts it could be worth doing. as it is now if you win 1st you still lost $

Comment

Originally posted by Brett C View Post
      X2 I for 1 am all for doing away with all the archery shoots that dont pay big $. If they would all get the sponsers to add $ to the payouts it could be worth doing. as it is now if you win 1st you still lost $
      Yep... could make more hitting 2 of these shoots than you would all year long on "the tour".

Maybe these will open a few eyes and ears.

Comment

[QUOTE=CutTheLoop;2748052]Keep an eye on the site... I hear that Mike Smith is working with them to make some changes, like including binos and a few regarding scoring methods.

Modified rules for the 3D ranges are in the works and will be announced soon.

These new rules will make everyone feel more comfortable and at home.

Tracy and I will be the 3D "Range Commissioners" for the four compound bow 3D ranges. We are looking for volunteers to help us run the 3D ranges. Call me or PM me if you are interested.

Comment

I just tryed to look at the web page and there seems to be a problem it wont download
          when is the date and how much is the entry fee.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by flipajig View Post
            I just tryed to look at the web page and there seems to be a problem it wont download
            when is the date and how much is the entry fee.
            Thanks
            September 3-5, $150.00 for ten cards.

Comment

150 for 10 cards in the HUNTER Class...OPEN Class entry fee is 300 dollars

Comment

[quote=Arrowsmith;2753523]
                Originally posted by CutTheLoop View Post
                Keep an eye on the site... I hear that Mike Smith is working with them to make some changes, like including binos and a few regarding scoring methods.

Modified rules for the 3D ranges are in the works and will be announced soon.

These new rules will make everyone feel more comfortable and at home.

Tracy and I will be the 3D "Range Commissioners" for the four compound bow 3D ranges. We are looking for volunteers to help us run the 3D ranges. Call me or PM me if you are interested.
                Hey Mike....your PM box is full.

Comment

I have never shot in a money shoot and have a question:

How do you control the pencil whipping? When money is involved, some folks might tend to get "creative" in their scoring.

Wayne

Comment

Wayne, everyone is shooting for the same money, plus there should be enough officials to take it up with if it is suspected. Also breaking up groups of "good ole boys" and making them shoot with others tends to make the pencils work better.

Comment

The way I understand it there will be 10 shooting lanes each containing 3 3d targets. There will be a score keeper. The score keeper will pull the arrows and fill out the card. Arvin and I will be working the trad 3d.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Meuir View Post
                        I have never shot in a money shoot and have a question:

How do you control the pencil whipping? When money is involved, some folks might tend to get "creative" in their scoring.

Wayne
                        We will use dual scoring just like we use at ASA events.

There will be two scorecards for each shooter. One official card and one non-official card. One shooter will keep score on the official cards and one shooter will keep the non-official cards. There will be two shooters scoring arrows and pulling arrows. If both scorers are in agreement, the score will stand. Should the scorers be unable to reach an agreement, the scorekeepers will alternate the responsibility of making the final determination before any arrows are removed. We will also keeping a "running total" so the scorekeepers can check the total after each score for each target is recorded.

This is a very fair and accurate system.

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                        The way I understand it there will be 10 shooting lanes each containing 3 3d targets. There will be a score keeper. The score keeper will pull the arrows and fill out the card. Arvin and I will be working the trad 3d.
                        Actually there will be 5 "shooting stations" with 3 targets at each shooting station for a total of 15 targets on each of the four compound bow 3D ranges.

Comment

www.SouthernNationalArcheryFestival.com

I hope if you are thinking about attending this event, you will check out the website for yourself and not make your decision based on a TB thread. Some of the things on this thread are not accurate. Michael Braden and I will be the indoor commissioners and we will be using the World Series Of Archery target with modified rules. There will be 1 18 meter range and 1 20 yard range. Binoculars will be allowed and scoring will be normal "touching the line or color" to get the higher score. The guys putting on this event have spent a lot of time and money to bring us a first class archery event so make plans to attend and help keep tournaments like this from going away. Don't forget about the kids! These guys have went way above and beyond for the young archers with over $50,000.00 in scholarships! This is all FREE for the kids! There is something for everyone at this event, don't miss out! Thank You, Bret York

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                            This is how the trad 3d is set up according to trad sponser Bob Sarrels. Also, we have 1 min to shoot 3 arrows. This is how it stood at the time of our last conversation. Maybe subject to change, I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by elkmaster View Post
                              I hope if you are thinking about attending this event, you will check out the website for yourself and not make your decision based on a TB thread. Some of the things on this thread are not accurate. Michael Braden and I will be the indoor commissioners and we will be using the World Series Of Archery target with modified rules. There will be 1 18 meter range and 1 20 yard range. Binoculars will be allowed and scoring will be normal "touching the line or color" to get the higher score. The guys putting on this event have spent a lot of time and money to bring us a first class archery event so make plans to attend and help keep tournaments like this from going away. Don't forget about the kids! These guys have went way above and beyond for the young archers with over $50,000.00 in scholarships! This is all FREE for the kids! There is something for everyone at this event, don't miss out! Thank You, Bret York
                              I second what Bret said above. This is going to be a great event.

Comment

[QUOTE=Arrowsmith;2756379]We will use dual scoring just like we use at ASA events.

There will be two scorecards for each shooter. One official card and one non-official card. One shooter will keep score on the official cards and one shooter will keep the non-official cards. There will be two shooters scoring arrows and pulling arrows. If both scorers are in agreement, the score will stand. Should the scorers be unable to reach an agreement, the scorekeepers will alternate the responsibility of making the final determination before any arrows are removed. We will also keeping a "running total" so the scorekeepers can check the total after each score for each target is recorded.

This is a very fair and accurate system.

One thing that I did not mention above. A shooter NEVER keeps his own score. A shooters "official" score card is ALWAYS kept by the other score keeper.

Comment

Working...
                                X