No announcement yet.

Hunter Class w/scope or lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why call it finger shooting if you use a glove or tab... it should be bare fingers...

Comment

Originally posted by javi View Post
      why call it finger shooting if you use a glove or tab... It should be bare fingers... :d

Comment

Originally posted by JAVI View Post
        Why call it finger shooting if you use a glove or tab... it should be bare fingers...
        I have before and it is really no problem at all.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
          The main thing is to HAVE FUN SHOOTING, when your having fun and shooting with friends your scores will be better and your hunting skills will be greatly improved due to confidence in your shot.
          You know me I like to have fun at these shoots. Guess I didn't have any fun at the classic because my score sucked.

Next time, you, Gene, and Josh need to freaking show up!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rbiceo View Post
            Leave it to 2050z to stir the pot with a traditional stick!

I personally have seen more falter than shoot well with them unless they are in open terrain.

With that said, my eyes aren't what they used to be!

Hey you are the one who got me involved in this conversation in the first place. Fart Knocker!

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
              What is the reasoning behind the usage of scope or lens in the Hunter class.

Hunter class should be hunting equipment only.

And for the record I am not switching from trad. Just asking a question.
              I for one have used a lens for hunting and know others that have as well. I have never used higher than 2x magnification due to the close encounters while bow hunting. As long as I applied generous coats of Rain X I never had issues with fogging up. I have minor vision issues and refuse to wear glasses or contacts, so the lens just made the animal easier to see and helped aid in a lethal shot.

-Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by rbiceo View Post
                Leave it to 2050z to stir the pot with a traditional stick!

I personally have seen more falter than shoot well with them unless they are in open terrain.

With that said, my eyes aren't what they used to be!
                No kidding! 2050z has said he was going to get his compund out at least 4-5 different times for an ASA shoot, but he said he was going to shoot BOW NOVICE class. I have yet to see his compound bow in any event yet, so what in the world is he putting out so much hollywood drama about when he wasn't even going to shoot in the Hunter Class.
                Sorry Timm, but you did start all of this!

Comment

Originally posted by Meatatarian View Post
                  No kidding! 2050z has said he was going to get his compund out at least 4-5 different times for an ASA shoot, but he said he was going to shoot BOW NOVICE class. I have yet to see his compound bow in any event yet, so what in the world is he putting out so much hollywood drama about when he wasn't even going to shoot in the Hunter Class.
                  Sorry Timm, but you did start all of this!
                  Shut up Posse groupie! LOL

Comment

I've hunted with a lense. Used a 2X for several years.

Comment

Originally posted by 2050z View Post
                      Shut up Posse groupie! LOL
                      TOO FUNNY! That just made my day!

Comment

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
                        I didn't know that was even an option. At CVAA you are NOT allowed any of that equipment. We are fixed pins, up to 12" stabilizer, and thats it.
                        Hate to be the one to brake it to you but yes you can use a lens here at CVAA.

Comment

hunter class scope?

Hmmm,interesting. So what do they call the class that shoots fixed pins? Our club calls fixed pins and 12" or less stabilizers "Hunter", and shoot from 30yd. max stake(even though this gets fudged on frequently). We don't particularly adhere to any organizations format. Guess we kinda have our own. D

Comment

Originally posted by demtx View Post
                            Hmmm,interesting. So what do they call the class that shoots fixed pins? Our club calls fixed pins and 12" or less stabilizers "Hunter", and shoot from 30yd. max stake(even though this gets fudged on frequently). We don't particularly adhere to any organizations format. Guess we kinda have our own. D
                            Hunter class In ASA is fixed pins and you can shoot magnification as well.

Comment

hunter class

Originally posted by huntinpool View Post
                              Hunter class In ASA is fixed pins and you can shoot magnification as well.
                              Ok, would seem magnification would be an advantage, but guess everyones shooting same targets, same rules. Our " hunter class"(no scopes)is by far our most popular, with usually more shooters than all the rest put together. As far as simulating hunting,imho the only simularities are shooting at an animal shape, outdoors. As already noted, it is an archery game, but a fun one and good practice. D

Comment

Originally posted by demtx View Post
                                Ok, would seem magnification would be an advantage, but guess everyones shooting same targets, same rules. Our " hunter class"(no scopes)is by far our most popular, with usually more shooters than all the rest put together. As far as simulating hunting,imho the only simularities are shooting at an animal shape, outdoors. As already noted, it is an archery game, but a fun one and good practice. D
                                Have ya'll banned he use of varifier's? More and more people are using them for hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X