Arrows for Hog Hunting at Night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrows for Hog Hunting at Night

New shooter and have an equipment question. Going on a night hog hunt in May and need some new arrows. I'm a 55# DW and 28.5" DL. What weight and grain do you recommend and what nock is best for night hunting.

I use the same arrows I shoot for wtd--no sense trying to get re-tuned/re-zeroed just for a hog hunt. They die same as deer with one thru the heart-lung area. Most important thing is a fixed-blade, cut-on-contact broadhead that is shaving sharp and remembering their heart/lung area is a bit farther forward and lower than a deer's

Comment

With that draw weight id want a 500gr and fixed 3 or 4 blade. Hit em low just behind the leg. That is the single most important thing over arrow weight in my opinion based on my limited experience.

Firenock.

Comment

Same arrows you shoot at anything else

If you are going after jumbos I might consider moving to a heavier arrow and coc fixed blade

Comment

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

500 + and one of these bad boys[ATTACH]709147[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by little john View Post
              500 + and one of these bad boys[ATTACH]709147[/ATTACH]
              That will do it.

Comment

Watching

Comment

same arrows that i always shoot. fixed blade slick tricks on the business end. Nockturnal on my end.

Comment

My rage chisel head put one down easy. They don't bleed much so good placement is key

Comment

Working...
                    X