Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2011-2012 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by team obsession View Post
    Well i thought this was gonna be a good morning. I saw a lot of deer coming in and could see them moving around while I was in my tree. Then about 6:50 roles around and some guy walked right by me, walked about 50yds right behindme and set up a pop up...it's 725 and he is still makin noise.

Buckdaddy where you huntin this morning?
    I had a guy coughing the whole time last weekend.. What are they thinking? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by lgc999 View Post
      Yes I gave it up after about 4 hours
      Rage 2 Blade 2" inch mechanicals. Havent lost one yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve0 View Post
        I had a guy coughing the whole time last weekend.. What are they thinking? LOL
        This guy never shut up. And on the rage deal, I shot a doe last week with a 3 blade. Never found her.

Comment

i was down there on Oct 2nd and seen 6 does but no bucks the dove hunting was going on and it keep all the deer spooked

Comment

Gotta love the squirrel hunters also.

Comment

A friend of mine had a guy set up a hang on stand 25 yards from him at 6:00am and he let the stand bang on the climbing stick all the way up. Then he walked back out and got the rest of his stuff, plus a electric hand held tree trimer that he used to trime shoting lanes. He did all this after my buddy shined his light on him three times.

Comment

Oh I also forgot the guy was there this after noon conplaning about my buddy getting up from his ground blind at 8:30am and walked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                  Gotta love the squirrel hunters also.
                  Hey they can come to my tree. I've feed the squirrels so much corn they can't hardly get up the trees.

Comment

Maybe when rifle season gets here some of the guys hunting on top of us will get tired of not seeing any Deer and go away. I give 3 warnings......white light=just letting you know I'm here, green light=I told you once already buddy I'm here. Red light=one of us is moving and it ain't me.

Comment

Well don't know if I'm going to hunt in the morning. Just don't fill like getting wet.

Comment

Had a spike come under my tree this evening and bed down right under me. Didn't want to stick him just yet because he appears to only be in his second year. Had to get a little bit wet because I didn't want to bump him gettin down out of the tree. There must be a lot of new food out due to the season opening. The deer are not eating at that spot all of the sudden when I have hundreds if not thousands of pics of them coming in daily prior to the season opening. I've only been in there twice now and haven't got winded yet so I don't think it's me but who knows. I'll be back out in the am with poncho. Should be a lot quieter getting into the woods with the ground being wet.

HG
                        Last edited by homegrown; 10-08-2011, 10:01 PM.

Comment

How much rain are ya'll getting in Whitney?

Comment

Has any one had any luck at whitney yet?

Comment

Me and. Country Boy are headding to
                              The woods anybody else goin ??

Comment

Roosted in tree and waiting for daylight

Comment

Working...
                                X