Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boh347 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should have done some spot and stalk hunting this morning!

Comment

****. Be safe everyone

Comment

Heading that way with the boy and the xbow.

Comment

We might need to spray our ranch house again...

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
            We might need to spray our ranch house again...

Yup. Lol.

Comment

Bugs I can handle, if it was rattle bugs I’d be worried

Comment

Deer moving good this morning. Saw 11 bucks. Passed on one nice one. Fun hunt.

Comment

Dang wish I was out.
                  Good luck����

Comment

Originally posted by huntr1117 View Post
                    Well I was thinking about heading up to the lease in Talpa Sat-Mon but now that 5.5 hr drive seems kinda pointless.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                    So I ended up going. Total waste of time. Cleaned up camp a little then sat in the stand last night. 6pm landowner's son drives right by my stand on his gator with his dogs running next to him. Needless to say I didn't see a single deer. Landowner said he didn't know I was there. I texted on my way and drove right past their house on the way to camp so I find that hard to believe. His son is a 40 yr old that should know better then to drive around a lease during prime time. So instead of wasting anymore time I packed up and headed 5.5 hrs home at 4am. After the season I'm done with the place. We had some of the same issues with his family last yr during Thanksgiving.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

^^^ well that s**** this is why I'll never hunt on a property that the landowner lives on.

Comment

Got a doe Saturday afternoon. It rained like crazy Saturday morning. This morning was really foggy. Still just seeing young bucks and does at the feeders. At least I got to make a good meal tonight for the family!

Comment

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                          ^^^ well that s**** this is why I'll never hunt on a property that the landowner lives on.
                          Yep been there and done that but it’s also another good reason not to have a stand right on a main road. Sucks that you had a wasted trip.

Comment

Looks good, that’s some fine eating!

Comment

The girlfriend and I headed West Friday evening. Saw lots of activity even with the range conditions being so green. Ended up harvesting my target management buck. Made a perfect shot on him and he went down 60 yards later. With all the summer protein and good rain we’ve been getting, he was a tough loading into the Ranger. He weighed 171#. Might have to bring her more often with the luck we had.

Saturday morning we chose to stay in because of the rain but fortunately enough was able to hunt Saturday evening and Sunday morning. Both hunts we were covered up and saw some bucks I’m excited to see what they turn into.

Comment

Congrats, good to see someone finally caught up to the javis.

Comment

Working...
                                X