Bit By Moccasin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bit By Moccasin

Last week I was wanting to do some more public land scouting after the rain let up some. My grandpa gave me some old plastic snake guards they just hug your shin i was debating not wearing them because the inconvenience thinking "ahhh Aint gonna be no snakes out yet"

Boy was i wrong.

I was about two maybe three miles deep in the Big thicket national preserve with the closest hospital being 45 drive and about 1 hour and 45 min away with the walk back to truck through that thick east tx woods.

I found a oak flat that had standing water in the area from all the rain looking for a place to hang a camera i found a potential tree and walked up to it and hear POOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!! I looked down and low and behold a big A** Water moccasin just struck me i was in shock for a split second until i felt the **** run down my leg. Just kidding but it did scare the hell outta me those old proven snake guards did the trick though and prob saved my life. the water moccasin had a broken jaw from striking the guards and i missed him with the ol .22 as he was slithering away.

I know one thing you wont catch me that deep in those woods on foot ever again with out snake protection. went out and bought me some snake boots for protection on top of the foot as well.

figured id share my story and let yall know bc i never thought id get hit im pretty careful and watch my steps but i never seen the ugly SOB so wear you some snake guards i promise you wish you did if you ever get bit im sure glad i was!

Yeah it is getting to be about that time. Glad you had something on to protect you. That 45 min walk/crawl would have sucked.

Comment

Very Lucky!

Comment

Close call there...I feel the same way about ray guards when wade fishing on the coast!

Comment

Yikes that’s scary.

Comment

yep i had big one rear its head at me when i was running thru the muck at the tough mudder race- wont do that again

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              Yeah it is getting to be about that time. Glad you had something on to protect you. That 45 min walk/crawl would have sucked.
              yes it would of bro...

Comment

Justin Boots Outlet Store
                717 W Vickery Blvd, Fort Worth, TX 76104

Chippewa Snake boots about half price!!

Comment

Glad you wore them!

Comment

toaster I bought some red head brand look just like the chipps with a one year warranty from bass pro water proof put 5 miles on them the first day very comfortable

Comment

I have a pair of those old things. They are effective but not fun to walk too much in.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, thank God you had them on. That would have had the ole heart racing in an instant for sure lol.

Comment

I bought a pair of Justin’s today. Clearing some land last weekend and came across two rattle bugs.

Comment

Glad you had’em!

Comment

wow, i would have had to leave my underwear there for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X