Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad Night for Snakes at our house...

Just got home from vacation, walked out on the patio and saw this guy:

Then after taking care of him saw this guy, which snake #1 may have been after to eat.

Then a minute later found this guy:

LDP for the night:

One coral and I believe two brown snakes.

We have a hard and fast rule here, if they come on the porch they're dead, whether they like it or not.

You are going to have to get the power washer out after the snake deletion spree. LOL.....My Dad killed a coral snake in his yard in San Antonio. He was not happy to see one of those crawling around.

Comment

It appears, you were not interested in making new friends!

Comment

I have to agree with the bad night part and actually don't think there could ever be a good night and snakes in the same thread!

Comment

Good job!

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
            Just got home from vacation, walked out on the patio and saw this guy:

Then after taking care of him saw this guy, which snake #1 may have been after to eat.

Then a minute later found this guy:

LDP for the night:

One coral and I believe two brown snakes.

We have a hard and fast rule here, if they come on the porch they're dead, whether they like it or not.

I will kill any venomous snake I run across but since I have never ran across a coral I would probably give it a pass. The brown snakes I would caught and gave a good scare to the wife[emoji846]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              I will kill any venomous snake I run across but since I have never ran across a coral I would probably give it a pass. The brown snakes I would caught and gave a good scare to the wife[emoji846]

The scare the wife thing sounds like a good recipe for another hammered & hammock type thread

Comment

I don't know what's going on at my place this year . I have relocated 5 coral snakes so far . Before this year o have only seen one in 14 years

Comment

I am weird, I would have relocated all 3. Now, moccasins and rattlesnakes die instantly when found anywhere in the yard.

Comment

My rule for most snakes is if they are within 10ft of the house they die. Unless it's a king snake. Otherwise, most get a pass unless its venomous.

Comment

Coral was 19".

Comment

I am one that says, if its on my patio, its dead... some say ohh but it isn't poisonous , but I say I ain't gonna be looking to see if it is or ain't.

Comment

Nice

Comment

Unfort any snake in the yard gets killed - just not worth the stress it causes on my wife, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief Big Toe View Post
                              I am one that says, if its on my patio, its dead... some say ohh but it isn't poisonous , but I say I ain't gonna be looking to see if it is or ain't.
                              I always say the Bible said the devil came in the form of a serpent......it didn't specify poisonous or non poisonous.

Comment

Working...
                              X