No announcement yet.

Backyard shade ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread cost me a few $, but it turned out nice. I needed just a little help from the evening sun.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
      TBH sure is full of nice, helpful people... [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yessir and Draco is amongst the best! ...good people, he is!

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        [ATTACH]858826[/ATTACH]

Bought this and a hardware kit. $46 shipped. Now to get poles. It'll be less than $100 total I bet. So boom. Take that about upping the budget
        That's what I have, they hold up well!

Comment

These work great till the first light wind folds them up! Ive had 4 or 5 in the same amount of years. I have one at the house right now that is bent too bad to fix from a 10 mph gust and it was anchored down!

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Comment

It would be slow but faster that trees. Put up some type of fencing overheard and plant a fast growing ivy

I would probably go full redneck and get a free trampoline off craigslist and use the black part, or this https://www.qcsupply.com/80-black-wo...FYIvgQodmtgBmA
            Last edited by Smithwr; 06-22-2017, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
              When you figure out what you want then call me. I've got sq. tube here at the shop and can cut it to length. Just pay what I paid and I buy at a discount so as cheap as you will probably find. If you need any thing welded, I'll do it for free.
              Sent you a PM sir. Thanks!!

Comment

For a removable set of poles grab a 2 7/8" pup joint or some cuts with a coupling on the end. Cement it in the ground flush with the coupling up. Keep two thread protectors that will thread in the coupling to keep the pipe from filling up with debris when not in use. I have done this a couple of times and it works great

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                  lol. No ****. It'll take years to get one big enough. I plan to plant a couple. For now I want a shade like this.

And a tree of that size won't be cheap and I have no alley to get it back there. Must wheel it in.
                  The bigger trees are actually stunted from being in a pot for so long. Buy a smaller tree and it will eventually catch up and outgrow one of those big trees. Cedar Elm is a good Choice. I planted a Mimosa in my back yard and that thing has grown like a weed and provides lots of shade and it's very ornamental with the flowers.
                  Mimosa or silk trees have a colorful tropical look and thrive in the south. These attractive trees are easy to grow and also resist drought.

With all that sun, Either of these trees should take off and grow fast. Throw the trees in now while your doing your shade cloth. You'll be glad you did in a few years. And the Mimosa provides a Tropical look to the back yard.
                  Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 06-22-2017, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I grill on the front porch for this exact reason.

Comment

Working...
                    X