Costa Rica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Costa Rica

Arrived Friday and staying in Playa Grande. Primarily came to surf the Pacific. At 68 yrs old thought I would get some good waves before I have to hang it up. Surfed Friday afternoon and had a blast. Unfortunately waves were only about 4feet high, but none the less I enjoyed it. Suppose to take a boat trip Sunday to Witches Rock. This is the famed spot featured in the movie Endless Summer 2. Might surf Ollie’s Point, named after Oliver North. Surf prediction calls for surf around 4-6 feet. Looking forward to it. The weather is nice, but in the evening we get significant thunder storms. Oh well. At least I made it Pura Vida as the saying goes.

Sounds like a blast.
    Stayed just north of you last summer. Closer to coco beach.
    Have a great time. And good on you for making another ‘last trip’. Hope there are a few more left in your tank.
    We spent time at the beach but focused on the volcano hikes, river boat cruise (lots of crocs) and a hike over suspension bridges to tour a coffee plantation.

Pura Vida!

Comment

I love that little town. Depending on the swell there’s also a pretty fun little wave on the north side of the big rocks up the beach. Negra and avellanas are also worth the drive south if you get the urge to change it up.

Comment

Lining up a boat trip to Witches Rock for Tuesday. Swell is supposed to pick up some, waves will be around 4-6 foot that day. Spoke to a few guys last night that surfed Saturday and they said it was head high and very fun.

Comment

Man you've got the right idea. Looks like you haven't slowed down yet.

Comment

Hey my buddy runs one of the only licensed boats that runs to witches
            He has another secret spot that works when the tide swings...a great fast right rock/reef break.
            I was talking to him the other day and they have been getting swelll.
            Ollie's has changed in last few years it doesnt break the same as it used to...but witches is still a blast.

If you haven't locked in your boat give him a ring...
            Mario +506 8835 1098

He will take care of u.

Also if u guys have a car I have a ton of good spots I know if ur willing to drive.

Comment

Haven’t locked in yet. Last night a lady said boat trip was $500. I’m by mysel & that would be hard on the wallet. She will let me know if trip gets planned with about 4 other guys. I’ll call Mario & see what he has going.

Comment

He will be cheaper than that
                Heres a shot he got of me last trip
                Attached Files

Comment

Try to contact him on WhatsApp that's what he uses and it works everywhere
                  Hes good dude I'm going there next month and then were making a sneaky trip to Nicaragua from his place

Comment

Cool pic Kingranch. Thanks

Comment

Hey Kingranch I got ahold of Mario but unfortunately he already had guys booked for a trip. He would contact me if something comes up. Thanks for the contact

Comment

Working...
                      X