I was in a police chase!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was in a police chase!

So last night I was coming home and was in a neighborhood in schertz/ Selma in which I don't often find myself. I made a left turn onto a road where there was nothing but industrial buildings and warehouses. I didn't drive 50 yards before I saw his lights come on.

I have to say that I respect police officers and really appreciate what they do. Now that being said, the PD in the schertz/Selma area seem to have very little actual crime to fight and have to justify their existence by setting up sketchy speed traps , harassing law abiding citizens regarding dog registrations(see my dog registration post) and writing bogus tickets to fund their department. This particular PD is not my favorite.

So when this guy strolled up to my truck I was less than excited. He told me he was pulling me over for running the stop sign when I made the left turn.
    I was really confused because I never even saw it. I might roll them from time to time, but miss it completely seems very unlikely.

I said "I don't think there was a stop sign at that intersection."

Officer (with authoritative attitude) YES Sir that is a 4 way stop and you blew right threw it.

He seemed so confident I didn't argue with him.

As he went back to his car and ran my license I spent the whole time looking in my mirrors looking for the stop sign, which would have been hard to see from where I was because I would have had to see it from the side. But I was less than 100 yards from the intersection and could not figure out where that stop sign was.

Officer came back up and I said something about that sign must be hidden somewhere because I still can't see it. He again responded in a d bag manner, something about needing to pay more attention when I'm driving, gave me the ticket and returned I his car

Well he turned around in the road and headed back the way I came, so I did too.
    For my own peace of mind I had to see the stop sign or it would forever bother me. I was following him and as he got the intersection he didn't come to a complete stop but more or less gunned it. I, being about 30 yards behind him by this time, came to a complete stop and looked all over for the sign for the interesting road that would now be on my right.

As suspected, there was NO SIGN! . I instantly was ****** then I looked up and his lights were already well down the road.

I started flashing my lights and sped down the road.

He then TRIED TO LOSE ME! He made like 3 quick turns and started heading back the way we came.

I would see him and cut across to beat him to the next intersection Flashing my lights and he would cross right in front of me and never even look at me!! I followed him still flashing my lights.

This went on for about 5 more minutes in this neighborhood. I was all over him and he would not stop.

Finally he lost me so I went back to the intersection in question and parked. I wanted to make dang sure I didn't miss the sign the second time . Nope still no sign. I was ****** because I wanted to settle this right then and there I did not want to have to call a judge or go to court. I gathered myself looked at the ticket and called the number. Got some automated answering machine.

I was about to accept my fate and accept that I was going to have to fight this in court. When I decided... Nope! And I did the only think I could think to do .

"911 what's your emergency ?!"

First thing out of my mouth .. " this is not an emergency! This is not an emergency! " haha

I was afraid I was going to get yelled at,
    but told her I needed to speak to officer blah blah.
    And She gave me the number of the dispatch line.

I called it and requested to talk to the officer again and was put on hold for about 10 minutes.

I was waiting there at the "scene of the crime"
    When guess who blows right by me through the intersection?!?
    ( not stopping by the way, which is fine because there was not a stop sign!)

My hunter instinct began to flare up again as I thought about hanging up the phone and picking up where we left off with the chase.
    Thankfully at the moment the officer came on.

His voice was almost unrecognizable, no long confident and authoritative but insecure like a teenager that was calling a man to ask if he could date their daughter!

He said, "Mr Popnoe, I was actually just about to call you."
    I laughed " haha ok!"

He continued - "I drove by that intersection and you were right, there's no stop sign.

I said , " yea I know, and I have been chasing you around for the last 15 minutes!

He acted dumb and Didn't acknowledge my remark.

" I earased the citation on our end so you don't need to worry about it"

Many people are involved in police chases but how many do you know are actually the ones that have chased the police ??
    haha

Reminds me of one of my favorite quotes

Be Humble or be humbled!
    Last edited by COONHOOD; 05-10-2019, 12:41 PM.

I'd follow up with the court to make sure he really did take care of it on their end. It'd be the sh**z to get pulled over in a few months and have a warrant for your arrest for running a non existent stop sign because he didn't follow thru.

Comment

I wouldn't take his word that he erased the ticket! That kind of thing can come back and bite you! I would make it a point to take pictures of the intersection and to go down to the police station or court house and make sure that the ticket had been dismissed.
      you could end up in jail for not paying a traffic ticket! If he is willing enough to lie while you are face to face, then he is more than capable to lie over the phone!

All I'm saying is to cover your Arse!

Comment

Good for you.
        I would be p'd off too

Comment

I agree, follow up and be sure its gone

Comment

Originally posted by dawgkllr View Post
            I'd follow up with the court to make sure he really did take care of it on their end. It'd be the sh**z to get pulled over in a few months and have a warrant for your arrest for running a non existent stop sign because he didn't follow thru.
            Yep, I would definitely confirm this was erased.

Comment

Well... im glad you got the citation corrected and as an officer I know it paints a bad light on us when things like this happen. But... i strongly encourage you to NEVER chase down an officer after an encounter. Call his dispatch and ask to speak with his supervisor. Allow them to handle the situation. Unfortunately we see a lot of officers ambushed nowdays and I can see how someone chasing after me after being given a citation, even though it was wrong, would make me think that it could be a possible ambush.

Comment

Police officer too prideful to admit he's wrong and a lack of integrity?

"No way!!!" - Literally no one. ever.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhunter2989 View Post
                  Well... im glad you got the citation corrected and as an officer I know it paints a bad light on us when things like this happen. But... i strongly encourage you to NEVER chase down an officer after an encounter. Call his dispatch and ask to speak with his supervisor. Allow them to handle the situation. Unfortunately we see a lot of officers ambushed nowdays and I can see how someone chasing after me after being given a citation, even though it was wrong, would make me think that it could be a possible ambush.

That played into my thought process when deciding to go after him again. I decided nothing good was going to come from that. Like I said I respect cops and appreciate them and the majority are good guys. but you do come across those sometime that are blinded by arrogance and refuse to admit when they made a mistake. Nothing wrong with being human, admit you made a mistake and move on.

Comment

Wow, that is crazy.

Comment

Great story!

The only thing that would make it more epic is if you got arrested on a failure to appear warrant later

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                        Great story!

The only thing that would make it more epic is if you got arrested on a failure to appear warrant later
                        Haha that may or may not happen but I can promise, if it does, that will not be the end of the story!!!

Comment

I would dang sure make sure he took care of it.

Comment

Great story and write up.

Thanks for posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Your lucky he didn't shoot you.

Comment

Working...
                              X