No more vehicle inspections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No more vehicle inspections?

Looks like we may not have to get our trucks inspected in the near future in Texas. I hope this passes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

That would be nice

Comment

I hope so. Its just another money grab and pointless.

Comment

Still would have to do emissions is most counties. But hope it passes

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
          Still would have to do emissions is most counties. But hope it passes
          Yeah this is true. I'm pretty sure my truck, for example, doesn't have to pass emissions. It's a '99 F250 PSD. Can anyone verify this? If this passes, would it mean that I no longer have to get it inspected at all. I'm pretty sure that when it gets inspected now all it is is the safety inspection and not emissions.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybo31 View Post
            I hope so. Its just another money grab and pointless.
            Exactly

Comment

Originally posted by Pullersboy View Post
              Yeah this is true. I'm pretty sure my truck, for example, doesn't have to pass emissions. It's a '99 F250 PSD. Can anyone verify this? If this passes, would it mean that I no longer have to get it inspected at all. I'm pretty sure that when it gets inspected now all it is is the safety inspection and not emissions.
              Vehicles older than 24 years old
              Texas DOT Smog Check and Car Inspection requirements. Find out what emissions and safety inspections your vehicle will need to pass before it can be registered, renewed, or sold. Learn what to do if it fails.

Comment

Think you have a few more years to go on a 99. I have a 92 yj and last year was the first year I qualified for safety only. 25yrs old I believe

Comment

some vehicles just shouldn't be on the road. But I guess inspections don't really stop them now do they?

Comment

I'm fairly certain diesel trucks don't have emissions testing

Comment

If they do this the state should take a better look at uninsured drivers and quadruple the fines.

Comment

^^^^Agree

Comment

Its a waste of time for $7.00..Back when they at least adjusted Headlights it kept that part in order..Now every other Raised/Leveled PU on road Blind folks..

Comment

And running fog lights

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                              If they do this the state should take a better look at uninsured drivers and quadruple the fines.
                              While I agree with the sentiment - If they dont have insurance, I doubt they would pay a hefty fine either.

Comment

Working...
                              X