Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
    word.
    Lol. Says the guy arguing about propane and acetylene.

Comment

"A great nation does not hide from it's history" Landreau quoting Bush.

No, we ain't hiding it. It's right down there in the junk yard, we think!

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
        Lol. Says the guy arguing about propane and acetylene.

at least you and I know our jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          Yeah, I am talking equipment vendor. No way the city has a man lift and a crane laying around for just such an occasion.

However, now that I think about it, are firemen typically certified to run a crane?
          No, they aren't. BTW, crane certification is not required as of yet. OSHA has extended the crane certification compliance out to November 10, 2017.

That's right, you don't have to be certified to operate a crane........yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post

at least you and I know our jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
              Correct , mayor told city council to take a vote , they voted 6-1 for removal of statues ... people never got a chance to vote
              What...how can that happen?? Was there any sort of legal action or anything to stop it & lost blake??

How can a mayor & council make a decision such as this on their own without the voice of the people?? That statue has value & they should be allowed to destroy 'the people's money'??

If I had any hair, I would pull it out...wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                What...how can that happen?? Was there any sort of legal action or anything to stop it & lost blake??

How can a mayor & council make a decision such as this on their own without the voice of the people?? That statue has value & they should be allowed to destroy 'the people's money'??

Mayor and counsel were voted in by the people.
                They should have auctioned it off and had winner bidder responsible for removal. Saved money and statue would go somewhere good (Maybe).
                They are probably going to sell it for scrap.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post

News channel said there was a public comment opportunity, not sure where, when, or how.

Comment

Originally posted by Tmag View Post
                    News channel said there was a public comment opportunity, not sure where, when, or how.
                    Obviously, it wouldn't have mattered if there was a majority against it. It's obvious the Mayor wanted it down......regardless.

Comment

So are they done for the day?

Comment

Obviously, it wouldn't have mattered if there was a majority against it. It's obvious the Mayor wanted it down......regardless.
                        Exactly

Mitch Landrieu is very tight with the Clintons and was promised a high ranking job in Washington if Hillary would have won the POTUS election. He's a lame duck Mayor and is going out with a bang doing whatever he wants to do.

He DGAF about anything or anybody as evident by his actions. He's doing exactly what Obama and Jindal did during their final few months

Comment

Lee was the Union's first choice to command the Union Army, he turned them down. I'm guessing NO will now replace the monument of Lee with one of Sherman as their Hero, to honor thei pillage, burn, and loot agenda, a true scorched earth policy.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                            So are they done for the day?
                            I don't know, but at this point, I wish they would zoom back out. It appears they where doing something with the block, because it was pulled out in front of the tip. It's hanging back straight now. Not sure what they were doing.

I'm sure these workers are going to stay as long as they will let them. Mucho OT.

Comment

No, they aren't. BTW, crane certification is not required as of yet. OSHA has extended the crane certification compliance out to November 10, 2017.

That's right, you don't have to be certified to operate a crane........yet.
                              I've never been on a job that didn't require a NCCER/NCCCO for both operator and rigger.

Comment

Another thing regarding public transportation in the city. The Street car line runs from Carrollton to St Charles Ave around Lee Circle to the French Qtr

The route is temporarily interrupted since they had to remove and take down several electrical lines at Lee Circle. Not good if you're wanting to ride the streetcar from its origin to final destination .... such a cluster

My guess is the appointed firemen will go back to the drawing board , modify their plans for statue removal, and start back up at 5am

Could be a major problem as the next 2-3 days call for rain and gusty winds

Comment

Working...
                                X