Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 04-10-2017, 11:32 PM   #201
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

Hunt In: Bastrop & Mason Cty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigyummy77 View Post
I beg to differ, there was no reasonable reason to bloody a grown *** man who paid for his seat, you do what you can to accommodate the consumer, and file your employees in as you can. If your employees are not where you need them, you should have scheduled better, not forcefully evict a paid customer. Period.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
united did that...hmmph...didnt know that. Perhaps his actions had some to do with his treatment by airport police...is that possible?

I'll take it a step further...if someone is going to be that much of an *** abt a flight...i don't want him on a plane with me..period, no excuse for a grown man to act that way over a flight

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017 at 11:35 PM..
RodinaRanč is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:37 PM   #202
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRanč View Post
united did that...hmmph...didnt know that. Perhaps his actions had some to do with his treatment by airport police...is that possible? I'll take it a step further...if someone is going to he that much of an *** abt a flight...i don't want him on a plane with me..period, no exucse for a grown man acting in a manner to he treated as such
United was able to force volunteerism with three browshirts. Great way to make non-volunteers comply unwillingly.
ladrones is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:38 PM   #203
Ironman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Anywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtb90 View Post
Simple. A lot of people don't have back bones.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
So resisting law enforcement takes backbone? The hipocrisy on here is unreal. A cop shoots someone and it's "do what you're told, and you won't get shot", but a flight crew asks a passenger to get off of aircraft, and it's kiss my *** and make me. Unbelievable.
Ironman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:41 PM   #204
okrattler
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
I bet you do a lot of flying. Or traveling for that matter.
Only flew one time. Nobody asked me to give up my seat. If they had they wouldn't have made me look like an idiot by dragging me off of it like a dead deer either though.
okrattler is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:45 PM   #205
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

They didn't force him to volunteer...they enforced a contract he was party to...when he didn't comply...they escalated to the police...he was (or should if been) aware if his risk when he submitted payment for the flight...his ignorance of his committment is no excuse

Would the cc company be out of line if they come after him for not paying his bill or is he on the hook for that simply b/c he was aware he was supposed to pay it?? He is contractually obligated to both the airline & cc company equally no? Is it the cc company's fault if he chooses to be an ***, make a scene & refuse to pay his bill?

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-10-2017 at 11:50 PM..
Old 04-10-2017, 11:52 PM   #206
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
They didn't force him to volunteer...they enforced a contract he was party to...when he didn't comply...they escalated to the police...he was (or should if been) aware if his risk when he submitted payment for the flight...his ignorance of his committment is no excuse
United asked for volunteers.
The victim refused to volunteer.
United had to call in brownshirts to get victim to volunteer with force.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:54 PM   #207
Bigyummy77
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public Land, Hill country

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodinaRan View Post

Would the cc company be out of line if they come after him for not paying his bill or is he on the hook for that simply b/c he was aware he was supposed to pay it?? He is contractually obligated to both the airline & cc company equally no? Is it the cc company's fault if he chooses to be an ***, make a scene & refuse to pay his bill?
Bill was paid. Your defense for them, no matter what the contract says, is ridiculous.

Bigyummy77 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:56 PM   #208
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
United asked for volunteers.
The victim refused to volunteer.
United had to call in brownshirts to get victim to volunteer with force.
And if no one volunteers, then the airline will pick who is to be removed.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:57 PM   #209
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Bill was paid. Your defense for them, no matter what the contract says, is ridiculous.

Their contract is their defense. Pretty simple really.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:57 PM   #210
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

That...is not what happened...they asked for volunteers, didn't receive enough for the compensation they were offering (which was probably above what they were contractually obligated to offer), did not have enough folks take the oppty & as a last resort implemented their contractual right to excuse the lowest person on the over sold pole
Old 04-10-2017, 11:58 PM   #211
Bigyummy77
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironman View Post
Let's start with moving their employees who didn't need to be somewhere until monday.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:58 PM   #212
wtb90
Ten Point

Hunt In: Somerville

Quote:
So resisting law enforcement takes backbone? The hipocrisy on here is unreal. A cop shoots someone and it's "do what you're told, and you won't get shot", but a flight crew asks a passenger to get off of aircraft, and it's kiss my *** and make me. Unbelievable.
Apples and oranges.

The man paid for his seat and was sitting in it. He didn't deserve that kind of treatment due to the negligence of the airline. There were multiple logical alternatives that could have prevented this.
Quote:
Quote:

wtb90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2017, 11:59 PM   #213
Bigyummy77
Ten Point

Quote:
Their contract is their defense. Pretty simple really.
Doesn't make it right. That is the whole argument.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #214
Bigyummy77
Ten Point

Quote:
That...is not what happened...they asked for volunteers, didn't receive enough for the compensation they were offering (which was probably above what they were contractually obligated to offer), did not have enough folks take the oppty & as a last resort implemented their contractual right to excuse the lowest person on the over sold pole
Sounds more like Martial Law, than customer service.

Old 04-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #215
tradtiger
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger

Quote:
Or simply make other arrangements for their dead-head crew, or up the offer for compensation until someone accepts. Barring insurrection, United's action was unjustified, and -- I guarantee you -- will cost them hundreds of times more than $800.

So, it really was a calculated business decision on United's part: they drew the line at offering $800 to make room for an extra flight crew (apparently not planned well-enough in advance) to get them to Louisville for another flight. That business choice will have considerable reverberations for them, their stock-holders and probably the industry. It will not surprise me to see changes sought and imposed on such practices by an airline regarding seating space. Then certain passengers will need to re-read the fine print on those industry standard contracts of carriage that they seem to so gleefully flout as a badge of honor.

Last edited by tradtiger; 04-11-2017 at 12:16 AM..
tradtiger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 12:02 AM   #216
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

Quote:

So....if you were on the next flight (where the staff was headed to & the reason a seat was needed on this flight) & that next flight was cancelled because this guy didnt give up his seat (so staff didnt make it on time)..you would be fine with that? Regardless if you were flying for leisure, job interview, death inthe family , etc? You would still say this guy was valid in refusing to give up his seat?
Old 04-11-2017, 12:03 AM   #217
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Apples and oranges.

The man paid for his seat and was sitting in it. He didn't deserve that kind of treatment due to the negligence of the airline. There were multiple logical alternatives that could have prevented this.

Yep! Like getting your *** up when one of the flight crew tells you to. He caused his own kind of treatment. Law enforcement got him out, not United, so no, it's not apples and oranges.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:06 AM   #218
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

I feel like i'm arguing with my sister's kids...i'm out, but can't wait to see some of you in the airport

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-11-2017 at 12:10 AM..
Old 04-11-2017, 12:07 AM   #219
Bigyummy77
Ten Point

Quote:
So....if you were on the next flight (where the staff was headed to & the reason a seat was needed on this flight) & that next flight was cancelled because this guy didnt give up his seat (so staff didnt make it on time)..you would be fine with that? Regardless if you were flying for leisure, job interview, death inthe family , etc? You would still say this guy was valid in refusing to give up his seat?
Yes, I still believe if the airline overbooked a flight, which they did not do, they needed to push customers for their 'situation', they should be looking at filling seats 1 at a time if need be. Red eye or whatever it takes, without removing a paid customer who has already boarded

Old 04-11-2017, 12:11 AM   #220
Ironman
Pope & Young

Quote:
Yes, I still believe if the airline overbooked a flight, which they did not do, they needed to push customers for their 'situation', they should be looking at filling seats 1 at a time if need be. Red eye or whatever it takes, without removing a paid customer who has already boarded

Maybe you should start an airline.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:12 AM   #221
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
Your "last resort" involved a customer that refused to volunteer to United's request for volunteers so he was assaulted until he was forced to comply with United's request for volunteers.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #222
ladrones
Pope & Young

Quote:
I feel like i'm arguing with my sister's kids...i'm out, but can't wait to see some of you in the airport
You need at least 60 post in this thread before you can bail.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:14 AM   #223
wtb90
Ten Point

Hunt In: Somerville

Quote:
Agreed

wtb90 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 12:16 AM   #224
100%TtId
Ten Point

Quote:
Sounds more like Martial Law, than customer service.

To a certain extent, this is correct and necessary due to the unique safety and security circumstances in aviation. 500mph at 30k ft is no place for a democracy. It's not fair but that's how it works.

United could have easily avoided it by bumping up the voucher value. I've seen it dozens of times. No takers to get bumped for a $200 voucher, but $1000 gets 5 hands raised by volunteers. American and Delta seem to be more generous with vouchers in my experience.
Unfortunately I'm never able to reschedule.
100%TtId is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 12:21 AM   #225
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladrones View Post
You need at least 60 post in this thread before you can bail.
Thankfully...axis are shedding NOW & i'm off next week!!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:55 AM   #226
cattlelackranch
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle

Quote:
Originally Posted by okrattler View Post
Only flew one time. Nobody asked me to give up my seat. If they had they wouldn't have made me look like an idiot by dragging me off of it like a dead deer either though.

After watching the video and reading this I can't stop laughing.

Good Lawd please forgive me
cattlelackranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 05:39 AM   #227
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Anyone wanna wager....i'll say United stock won't drop a $1 between now & end of 2nd qtr....any takers?
UAL is down over 4% in pre-market trading. Down $2.89 per share.

United Continental Holdings, Inc. (UAL)

71.52+0.64 (+0.90%)
At close: Apr 10 4:00PM EDT

68.63 -2.89 (-4.04%)
Pre-Market: 5:43AM
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 05:41 AM   #228
DJM
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills Co,Coryell Co,Lampasas Co

Anybody saying that what the airline did was right....................well ,the CEO disagrees with you.

DJ
DJM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 05:46 AM   #229
IowaHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iowa

Boycott, boycott....

Nah not really. IAH is my airport and I'm loyal to United because I can get direct almost anywhere work needs me. Bad situation but the guy brought it on himself. It escalated and spun out of control. Most know to keep your mouth shut in the plane and comply. Now he's the belly dragged down the aisle..

See you in the United Club before the next flight folks.
IowaHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 05:46 AM   #230
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradtiger View Post
Or simply make other arrangements for their dead-head crew, or up the offer for compensation until someone accepts. Barring insurrection, United's action was unjustified, and -- I guarantee you -- will cost them hundreds of times more than $800.

So, it really was a calculated business decision on United's part: they drew the line at offering $800 to make room for an extra flight crew (apparently not planned well-enough in advance) to get them to Louisville for another flight. That business choice will have considerable reverberations for them, their stock-holders and probably the industry. It will not surprise me to see changes sought and imposed on such practices by an airline regarding seating space. Then certain passengers will need to re-read the fine print on those industry standard contracts of carriage that they seem to so gleefully flout as a badge of honor.
Right now the markets are costing them 4% of their 22.5 billion market cap. That's 900 million or 1,125,000 times more than the $800 LOL So it's costing them a little more than someone here thinks it will.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/d370bbb8...t-to-fall.html

Last edited by RiverRat1; 04-11-2017 at 05:48 AM..
Old 04-11-2017, 06:27 AM   #231
DaveS903
Pope & Young

Hunt In: All over

Just heard a legal talking head explain the airline did not have the right to remove him because the flight was not overbooked and the police/security people did not have the right to use force simply because they were told to do so. After it is all said and done, the guy is going to be set for life.
DaveS903 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 06:31 AM   #232
DNTRanch
Ten Point

Hunt In: Runnels County

Quote:
Lol...they do plan. That plan includes %'s for delays, no shows, cancellations, standby, etc.....all factor into that plan...if they only sold the seats on the plane airfare would be unaffordable for alot of folks & 5-10% of each plane's seats would be empty
That's not our problem, if they can't do it right get the HELL out of business!!!!!
DNTRanch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 06:36 AM   #233
jer_james
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS903 View Post
Just heard a legal talking head explain the airline did not have the right to remove him because the flight was not overbooked and the police/security people did not have the right to use force simply because they were told to do so. After it is all said and done, the guy is going to be set for life.
There were 2 wrongs - United got the Authorities involved, and once that happens, the passenger should have complied with requests of the Officers. The plane is private property. No grown man should react to Authority in this manner.

If it is vital to business to have those employees elsewhere, then United should have kept making offers to compensate a willing Customer.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 06:47 AM   #234
6.5 shooter
Four Point

I'm guessing the man is going to get paid as he should. Hopefully their will be some policy change coming.
6.5 shooter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 06:50 AM   #235
txwhitetail
Ten Point

Hunt In: Irion Co

Quote:
Simple. A lot of people don't have back bones.

A lot of people aren't criminals.
txwhitetail is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 06:52 AM   #236
txwhitetail
Ten Point

The airline had every right to remove whoever they want from their plane for any reason (other than descrimination). The guy became a criminal when he resisted like he did.

Whether you agree or disagree with it it's their right. Read the agreements you sign in getting a ticket.

Can you imagine the responses here if it was a gang banger refusing to exit the plane???
Old 04-11-2017, 06:53 AM   #237
txwhitetail
Ten Point

[quote=jer_james;12345744]There were 2 wrongs - United got the Authorities involved, and once that happens, the passenger should have complied with requests of the Officers. The plane is private property. No grown man should react to Authority in this manner.

If it is vital to business to have those employees elsewhere, then United should have kept making offers to compensate a willing
Old 04-11-2017, 06:54 AM   #238
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

I dont think that passenger deserves anything and i dont think anyone deserves to be fired.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 06:55 AM   #239
BTLowry
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Behind the house and public in Texas; Kansas Unit 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS903 View Post
And some folks may lose their jobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jer_james View Post
There were 2 wrongs - United got the Authorities involved, and once that happens, the passenger should have complied with requests of the Officers. The plane is private property. No grown man should react to Authority in this manner.

If it is vital to business to have those employees elsewhere, then United should have kept making offers to compensate a willing Customer.
Agreed
BTLowry is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 07:54 AM   #240
Hydestik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
I'll take that bet & double it!! They won't pay him a dime besides a voucher to use on another flight, a food voucher, maybe some airline mile or a gift card if he has some lower level of status & rebook him on the next available flight. Even with diamond status on delta for 10+ consecutive years, an annual pricing contract in place & being a 1M miler...i wouldn't receive any better.

Without reading or hearing about it in the news....how do you suggest we decide who won the wager?
FIFY.....https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9EJYxSUMAA5mrS.jpg

Last edited by Hydestik; 04-11-2017 at 07:59 AM..
Hydestik is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 07:59 AM   #241
cattlelackranch
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas and Panhandle

cattlelackranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 08:00 AM   #242
grizzman
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Texas and Arkansas

I have never seen anything like this before when I was flying a lot, but I never flew United either.

All airlines overbook. That is the model. But the few times I have seen them not have enough room AA and Delta offered enough in vouchers and a free hotel room if it was overnight (usually) that it wasn't an issue. I wonder what United offered?
grizzman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 08:04 AM   #243
Ironman
Pope & Young

A belly rub down the aisle?
Old 04-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #244
firemanjj82
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattlelackranch View Post
I guess we're not supposed to talk about it then?

United broke Customer Service Rule #1: put the customer first. If they overbooked, and there were 4 normal travelers needing to get on, United would've told those 4 to go pound sand. But since it was their employees, they pulled a big mistake by forcibly dragging a paying customer off a flight in front of other paying customers, so they could get United personnel on board. If I was one of those employees, I would've been as nervous as a cat in a room full of rockers being on that plane after a fiasco like that.

A lack of planning on United does not constitute an emergency for the customers.

Last edited by firemanjj82; 04-11-2017 at 08:13 AM..
firemanjj82 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #245
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by txwhitetail View Post
The airline had every right to remove whoever they want from their plane for any reason (other than descrimination). The guy became a criminal when he resisted like he did.

Whether you agree or disagree with it it's their right. Read the agreements you sign in getting a ticket.

Can you imagine the responses here if it was a gang banger refusing to exit the plane???
They could write in the agreement they have the right to shoot you and you would still fly. People have to fly and all airlines have the same agreements.
Old 04-11-2017, 08:10 AM   #246
RodinaRanč
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydestik View Post
Fixed what? Lol...all you did is pimp a PR statement..talking abt resolving & cutting a check are 2 diff things....hit me up when he says we are paying_______

Care to triple the wager before that happens? Lol

Last edited by RodinaRanč; 04-11-2017 at 08:12 AM..
Old 04-11-2017, 08:11 AM   #247
snappertapper
Ten Point

snappertapper is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 08:12 AM   #248
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

almost 6 pages...

let see if I can use my one post to get a clear idea of what exactly occurred.

man pays for ticket on plane.
paid-customer man boards plane with ticket.
plane is sold out. no more seats available.

airline has employees needing to go to that destination.

airline asks for 'volunteers' of its paying customer base that are already boarded to give up their seats - possibly for some form of compensation.

airline receives no volunteers.

airline tells people they are volunteers.

paid-customer man says he doesn't want to volunteer and he too needs to get to that destination- hence why he bought a ticket on a airline to that flies to that destination.

airline volunteers him against his will using physical force applied by the Volunteer Police Force.

paid-customer man receives injuries due to the force volunteerism inflicted on him by the Volunteer Police Force employees.

paid-customer man is dragged from plane by Volunteer Police Force.

someone at airline, realizing they have just made a huge boo boo, allows paid-customer man back on plane due to improper volunteer removal techniques.

Airline says paid-customer man was belligerent and causing a disturbance while being dragged off the plane by the Volunteer Police Force.

CEO of airline says "wth just happened" ..and "this should not have happened"..and "this will be addressed" ..assuming hes speaking of the mandatory volunteerism policy apparently the airline has with paying customers.

that the gist?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #249
meltingfeather
Ten Point

Hunt In: Gillespie, San Saba & Kerr primarily

totally within their contractual rights that you accept when you buy a ticket... not the best PR move.
not leaving when the crew asks you to is childish and ignorant.
meltingfeather is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2017, 08:17 AM   #250
Hydestik
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

Quote:
Fixed what? Lol...talking abt resolving & cutting a check are 2 diff things....its called PR ......hit me up when he says we are paying_______

Care to triple the wager before that happens? Lol
Lol... u can't quit or be right for that matter..I know full well the guy should have complied ( try doing this crap in a foreign airport). The claims of him being unconscious are nonsense too. Watch the video he never drops the phone from his left hand. He's an idiot yes ... if it goes to court he will lose but it's not going to go to court. BTW didn't you also wager the stock would be unaffected?
Hydestik is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top