Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > It's All About the Video

Old 04-25-2017, 11:31 AM   #51
TGoody
Eight Point

Hunt In: Behind a limb or two...

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbyayala View Post
Man I watched this video from start to finish! Awesome video! Great footage & even better work putting it all together for us! Thanks for taking us along amigo!! Congrats!

Thanks man. The videos I make are usually short edits so I didn't really know if 30 minutes was going to be too long but it wasn't really about entertaining, more of just showing what it's like up on the mountain chasing Elk for 11 days. It's not for the faint of heart haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TGoody is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-13-2017, 01:15 PM   #52
charles7212
Spike

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Nicely done video... Great quality..
charles7212 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-17-2017, 01:24 AM   #53
Daniel75
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Red River County & Atoka Co Oklahoma

I looked at the time on the video and was like but the opening video and song selection was out-freaking-standing and gets the audience hooked. Watched and enjoyed every minute of it.

Buddy of mine is a professional guide and has offered to take me this September in CO to his public land honey hole. If I start with a new PD in the next month, I'm hoping they'll be ok with it.....if not, it's gonna suck. It'll be my first time as well. I'd love to get your opinion on what gear worked/didn't work for you. The Sony Handycam you mentioned is less than $200, it took outstanding video most of the time.

Great bulls and memories for a lifetime, congrats!
Daniel75 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-25-2017, 11:08 PM   #54
James
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kinney County and Out West

Man... WHAT A VIDEO! No BS, that was better than most stuff on tv. I really enjoyed it. Public land DIY bow hunting is no joke and you captured it perfectly. I hunt near Del Rio, let's have a beer one day. Thanks for sharing.
James is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2017, 02:18 PM   #55
TGoody
Eight Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles7212 View Post
Nicely done video... Great quality..

Thanks Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel75 View Post
I looked at the time on the video and was like but the opening video and song selection was out-freaking-standing and gets the audience hooked. Watched and enjoyed every minute of it.

Buddy of mine is a professional guide and has offered to take me this September in CO to his public land honey hole. If I start with a new PD in the next month, I'm hoping they'll be ok with it.....if not, it's gonna suck. It'll be my first time as well. I'd love to get your opinion on what gear worked/didn't work for you. The Sony Handycam you mentioned is less than $200, it took outstanding video most of the time.

Great bulls and memories for a lifetime, congrats!

Here's the link to the actual Sony Camera we used. We had 2 of them and 4 GoPros.
https://www.sony.com/electronics/han...dr-cx455-cx450
We prolly used the Handycams the most but all the extra content with time lapses and night stuff or riding on the ranger was from the GoPros
I could go on and on about each part but really what matters and knowing the angles and what you want to capture and being fluid, the best shot in the world can be ruined by an unsteady hand. That being said I spend hours editing footage. Some can be saved and used, some is awesome and can't even be used... Hope that helps man and good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Man... WHAT A VIDEO! No BS, that was better than most stuff on tv. I really enjoyed it. Public land DIY bow hunting is no joke and you captured it perfectly. I hunt near Del Rio, let's have a beer one day. Thanks for sharing.

I really appreciate the kind words. It's a lot of work. I really didn't think it would be or get as big as it has gotten! And yes I'm down for a beer, always! I guide here in Del Rio too so if you ever need/want to hunt some exotics, let me know!

Old 06-28-2017, 05:11 PM   #56
agwrangler2001
Spike

Great video, it got me amped up for my trip coming up!
agwrangler2001 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2017, 12:03 PM   #57
TGoody
Eight Point

Any chance we have anybody that's hunted Mule Deer in Unit 34? This will be the wife's first NM hunt and we will be staying in Weed, NM close to Mayhill inside the Lincoln National Forest. Not looking for a trophy just want her to enjoy the experience and see some critters